Bison note pricing question

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Paul M., Dec 26, 2016.

1. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

What would be a fair price to pay for a PCGS or PMG Fr. 115 or 116 Bison legal tender note in VF20-35 or so with no paper issues? I don't have a ton of interest in currency per se, but Charles H. Treat is a distant, but provable relative of mine, so I think it would be cool to have one.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I would not limit yourself to just two FR. numbers. There are nine different combinations of signatures on this iconic note. At the low end, VF20 without EPQ/PPQ, you can probably get in the game for $700-$800. At the high end, VF35 with EPQ/PPQ it's probably going to cost you $1,500 or more. Buy the note, not the holder. This is one note you may prefer to see in person or get an auction representative to assist you. Try and get a note with original paper quality and good eye appeal.

I bought mine back in 2013 and paid $1,200.... I love this note.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Browns Fan and Rassi like this.
  4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree, but I'm looking for the Charles H. Treat signature because of the family connection. :) And, having relatively little experience with currency, I'm looking for a certified note to make sure it's authentic and at least somewhere near properly graded. I will be buying primarily based on eye appeal and paper quality.

Do your numbers apply to Fr. 115-116? I understand those are two of the harder signature combinations to come by.

Nice note, BTW.

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Paul M. likes this.
  6. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Just like coins, these older notes are so much more beautiful than our current designs. I would love to own one of these Bison Notes some day as well as a Chief Note.

Nathan401 and Paul M. like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted