Bing's Top 10 for 2020

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Bing, Nov 30, 2020.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Great coins! Seems it not the number that counts, but the enjoyment you will have from your "12" additions. These will make your collection even better:D I really like that Probus coin, great portrait/ reverse detail:)
    John

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Thanks for all the kind remarks. I didn't place them in order of what I thought to be the best, but rather chronologically.

No, I have one other, but not near as nice.

Gavin Richardson likes this.
  4. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

I like all of them, but especially the Owl and the hemidrachm from Lycia.

ominus1 likes this.
  5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

It is like the 12 Days of Christmas! Excellent Ancients, JW. Thanks for showing them.

ominus1 likes this.
  6. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

fine group o coins Bing...i favor your Lycian league meself:)..(i see by your MA's old habits die hard:p)

7. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

You had a great year, I'd say. Of course, the owl is very special and well-preserved. It's a lovely example. I like the Tripolis mint Probus -- that coin is much harder to come by than the owl. The Flavian dynastic issue is interesting, too.

dougsmit likes this.
  8. thejewk

thejewk Well-Known Member

An excellent year Bing, here's to the next one.

9. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

@Bing, your Athens tet with the tall owl is an outstanding example! I do however have an inexplicable soft spot for holed coins, so that Vespasian is my favorite, especially because it's a more interesting type. If you ever want to part with it, it'd have a special place in my collection.

10. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Great group.. the Owl and coin from Lycia are my two favorites.

11. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

Hey old coin buddy, glad you had a great 2020...at least great for coins!

That tet is the obvious winner but you know I really dig that Probus....it turns up the volume to 11!

Bing likes this.
  12. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Thanks to all that responded. Special shout out to my old pal @chrsmat71. Would love to see you again once this stupid pandemic is history. (in German: vorbei)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  13. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

I sure enjoyed feasting my eyes on your 2020 acquisitions, Bing. Happy New Year, everybody!

14. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

congrats on your collection, the Owl belongs at the top of your (and many) list, I like the Apollo / lyre.

Draft saved Draft deleted