Binder (album) made for Air-tites

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mlov43, Sep 23, 2014.

1. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Air-tites and albums, and air-tites IN albums has been a topic of discussion for some of us here.

Just in case some of you would like to see this new product:
    http://www.valleycoin.com/index.php?cPath=300_561

It comes with "velour cards" for A, T, H, and I -size Air-tites. I guess that means you can mix and match different size airtites in the same binder (although not on the same page...)

Haven't seen this album in person yet, so this is just a heads-up for those of you who are weighing different storage/preservation and presentation methods for your coins.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. poppa501

poppa501 older'n dirt

Have one for silver eagles. Nice. Holds 6 pages of 5 for a total of 30. Got one filled and fixin to order another.

4. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

looks like something I could use. thanks for the tip.

mlov43 likes this.
  5. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

I like the concept and I use Air-tites. Wish the pages were larger so they'd hold more coins. I'd need at least three albums just for my crowns.

mlov43 likes this.
  6. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Glad to be of help. I thought a few people would like this new binder album idea.

I wonder, have you ever come across such a system for air-tites or kointains?

I believe this is the first, purpose-built, air-tite binder that I've heard of...

7. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Agreed. It seems that they could make a MUCH larger binder and fit a heck of a lot more.

This makes me wonder how "sturdy" those pages are... I will try to find out within the week.

8. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Not me, and not for want of looking. Finding the ideal coin storage system has been like the quest for the holy grail for me. Perhaps this is it.

9. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Know exactly what you mean there.

I went so far as to use blank Dansco binders and pages (2X double-sided taped together) so the air-tites would fit. Works pretty slick, if you like Dansco.

This binder from Valley Coin is purposely-made, and it looks like it. That's what I like about it.

I do wish it was larger (more coins per page), or that they made a larger version of it.

10. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

The site says:
    "The slipcover measures 6.5" x 6.5" x 2.25", so it fits in safe deposit boxes and other tight spots where a standard album won't fit."

I get that, but I only store bullion in my SDB, and I'd need a bigger one to fit those albums.

Still, a nice idea and I don't think the size is a deal breaker. I may order one and give it a test run. Thanks for the tip.

Draft saved Draft deleted