Billy the Kid photo ID'ed by Kagin's

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by messydesk, Oct 12, 2015.

1. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

coinzip, midas1 and phankins11 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

All pretty cool information, except the narration by Kevin Costner ;)

4. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

No kidding. It's not like BTK was playing baseball, invoking some unwritten requirement to involve Costner. It's croquet, for Pete's sake! I guess they couldn't afford Morgan Freeman.

5. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

I wonder how the owner of the tintype came to suspect that Billy the Kid was in the photo. For all of these that are around, there must be others that feature famous folks, just waiting to be discovered.

6. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I would say if he was an expert in that subject, maybe he just recognized BTK like I would recognize a 1970 s small date cent or type c reverse quarter. I have to wonder if he joined a Wild West forum and started a "help me out with an outlaw" thread ;)

Stephan77 likes this.
  7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Cool discovery, but I'm a little surprised someone would pay $5 Million for that picture. I know it hasn't been auctioned yet, but the supposed price is quite eye opening. Is the market for these type items really that strong? "Investing" $5 million in a photograph just seems like a risky place to put that kind of money.

8. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Wonder if I should ever entertain publishing the photograph my great great grandmother took of President McKinley in 1901? The photo is not, and will not be for sale though.

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

10. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

There seems to be something wrong with the way the Billy the Kid's shadows lays. It just doesn't seem right to me. I am just guessing here; but to me if it is real, then it would look a lot more authentic. It glares fake. Once again, I am no expert but I don't think it measures up. :smuggrin:

11. Stephan77

Stephan77 Well-Known Member

I think the investigative work put into this pic is quite convincing. Everything looks legit to me, but then again I tried to spend a wooden nickel at the grocery store yesterday without success.

12. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

That is very cool. Be interesting to figure out who some of the other people are

13. nearfall

nearfall New Member

Cool & "cool's enough."

14. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

I wonder if they let him win the croquet game ???

:)

15. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

they finally found another, huh. Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted