Bills found a my Bank

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Corn Man, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Found these all at the same chase bank while cashing in nickels. Found 250 worth of silver certificates and red seals,sold the average condition ones for 1.25 bucks each and kept the best of the lot and the ones my dealer didnt want. Also scored a dollar face worth of silver quarters. One was a standing liberty. A week later got the 1934 twenty and the 63 one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Edit.. My apologies o_O

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. Corn Man

Just realised the grammer mistakes sorry was on my phone and my screen is all cracked up.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

Amazing finds from Chase..
    Thanks for sharing!

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

A bank is a great place to find money, both old and new :)

CamaroDMD likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Your first note, we used to call the Kennedy bill as it was a K for Kennedy, Dallas, where he was killed, and 11 for Nov. issue date 1963, the month and year he was assassinated. I had just joined the Air Force and the entire base was locked down and issued weapons, ready for other possible attacks.

Corn Man likes this.
  10. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

someone cashed in Grandpas stash ...

Corn Man likes this.
  11. Corn Man

I talked with the teller aparantly someone deposited red seal 1 dollar bills but someone else got them before I got there and since the 100 dollar limit a day at chase couldnt get the rest of the bills

12. Corn Man

Thats realy cool I never thought about it like that with the reserve bank

13. CoinCollector76

CoinCollector76 A Coin Collector

I found a 1969 Twenty Dollar bill from Chase (Bank) today. They told me that they set aside any old bills to ship out. Once shipped out to the Fed Reserve Bank they would be shredded.

14. Corn Man

Yeah always good to ask them if thry have set aside any

15. CoinCollector76

Today (February 1,2020) I found a 1934A twenty dollar bill from a chase bank. It took me 30 minutes to get this bill......
    Oldest Coin/Paper Bill in my Collection(As of Feb 1,2020):
    Cent:1901
    Nickel:1940
    Dime:1965
    Quarter:1965
    Half Dollar:1964
    Dollar:1971-D
    Oldest Foreign coin:1945 Canadian Cent
    Oldest Paper Bill:1934A Twenty Dollar Bill
    See further updates in future posts.

16. paddyman98

Why?

Post a picture of it.

Corn Man likes this.
  17. Corn Man

18. CoinCollector76

Heres the photo. I'm going to tell a little more. So I walked in to a chase bank to see if they have any old bills, most of the time they would have a lot of them but most are from the 80s or 90s. I asked one of teller if they have any so he went to the back and grabbed out his cash drawer and looked through them to separate ones that are damaged and old ones I only had 10 dollars with me so I bought 2 1988A 5 dollar bills and I asked the teller to read the years for the twenty dollar bill for me. I heard him say 1934 I asked him to save it for me and he said he might ship them out. So I left the bank to go get my searched pennies so I could get the 1934A bill. When I came back, the teller was gone, so I went to a different teller and exchanged the pennies for a normal twenty so I could get the twenty I wanted, the other teller told me wait for the teller so I waited for 30 MINUTES when the teller came back he asked if I still want the twenty. I said yes and he pulled out the bill I wanted the 1934A 20 dollar bill. I bought it and took the 1934A bill home with me to take a closer look. Lucky me! At least one 1934A 20 dollar bill didn't go the the shredders. Now here's the bill. Photo on 2-1-20 at 4.14 PM.jpeg Photo on 2-1-20 at 4.14 PM #2.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    SteveInTampa and Corn Man like this.
  19. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Ya had to work for that one! Good for you and welcome to CT.

20. CoinCollector76

Thanks Mountain Man!

21. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Kudos on the persistence. Paid off nicely.

FYI, if the teller 'sold' you that note he'd be fired. I'm guessing you 'even exchanged' other currency for that $20 note. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted