BIG OLD LWC CUD!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Double Die, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

Haven't had anything new to post on here for a while, but that has changed with today's nice find. While going through some auction wins of 30's - 50's wheaties, I came across this one after the 5th roll. At first I thought it was some glue or other gunk, but when I looked a little closer, I knew it was a little more than that. I logged onto cuds-on-coins and verified I had a CU-1c-1940S-05R.

Not too shabby for an 80 year old coin. 40cud.jpg 40cud1.jpg 40cud2.jpg 40cud05.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Nice. I wouldn't call it a cud perse. But definitely a retained cud. I consider a true "cud" to be actually have the design part off the coin. That being said, that is a great looking coin. I need to go back through my wheaties and see if I have some as well.

Here is my favorite cud cud found while roll searching.
    No Date CUD 2.5g.jpg

4. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

I thought that was the case, but it was listed in the "cuds" section of their site. Didn't look to see if in both?

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks more like a rim to rim lamination error to me. It's nice and I like it.

7. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

Very nice find indeed, DD. And your's, Furry.......words cannot adequately describe......that's the John Holmes of CUDs in my book. Well done, gentlemen .

furryfrog02 likes this.
  8. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted