BIG EBAY NEWS: 15%-off coupon with policy change!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by -jeffB, Dec 15, 2018.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Calling all eBay shoppers!

I just got a notification for eBay's latest 15%-off-one-item promotion, and here's what it says in the terms:

That means non-bullion, non-paper, non-imaginary coin listings ARE eligible, for the first time in ages -- and another poster has already confirmed success with the coupon!

I'm going to go off and buy something right now, and then see about listing some things. Offer is capped at a $75 discount, corresponding to a $500 pre-shipping price, so don't go too crazy. ;)

Happy hunting!

TyCobb and IBetASilverDollar like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

can you add something to your cart on eBay without committing to buy it? Like basically add to cart to test that code just to make sure it will apply?

4. -jeffB

5. -jeffB

Yes, you can! (I didn't think you could, but I never use the cart.) I just tried it, and when you go to Checkout, you can put the code in and see its effect before you pay.

IBetASilverDollar likes this.
  6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great deal! Who eats the 15%? eBay or the seller?

7. Bambam8778

Yes. It works. Just bought a roll of silver war nickels. $28

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. -jeffB

That would be eBay. You pay final price - 15%, seller gets normal amount (final price minus FVF).

Sure, eBay's losing money on every sale, but it makes their volume numbers look great! :rolleyes:

9. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

1) Is this the PICKUPSALE code?

2) Also, I assume this is for anyone, not just whoever rec'd the email since the URL is publicly visible...?

10. -jeffB

1) Yes, although it was PICKUP15 when I got it. I don't know if you can use both to take advantage of it on two purchase, but I doubt it. :)

2) As far as I know, yes. They could be doing some magic to control who sees the offer on their homepage, but I don't think they are.

11. Bambam8778

Yes. Anyone. I didn’t get an email. It’s part of something called the twelve days of Christmas. Different thing each day. Each discount ends at midnight pacific.

12. -jeffB

Bambam8778 likes this.
  13. Bambam8778

If I had more money I’d be on it!!!

14. -jeffB

Okay, I had to check. PICKUP15 gives "sorry, wrong code", and PICKUPSALE gives "you already used it". Fair enough.

15. Bambam8778

16. -jeffB

I see it at 7% under (melt is at 10.684x FV). Are you using a different deal?

17. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Nice... just used this on a 3 coin proof set where I needed the gold coin for the collection. Only $10 over melt. Going to take that $57 saved and try my hand at getting them graded.

18. Dougmeister

Man, I wish I didn't have my money committed to a Heritage auction right now...

19. Dougmeister

Seattlite86 likes this.
  20. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Whoa, this is huge! Thanks.

21. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Yay, I’m looking at a couple of Sicilian ancients that end tonight.

Dougmeister likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted