Bid Sniping

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Duke Kavanaugh, Feb 24, 2012.

1. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

Your "definition" is merely opinion, not fact.
    You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but the fact is that you are wrong and no amount of repetitive blather on your part will change that fact.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

Sorry, but I am not throwing about opinions in this thread. You would know that if you were reading my posts as others are doing when they reply to me. And what you feel (opine) to be 'blather', is a discussion between many people that isn't so simple to conclude, thus it takes time to go through with each person who wants to join in. It happens to be your 'opinion' that I am wrong, but I have not been disproved. I have not said others are wrong as I am continually being made to appear by hecklish commentary. I am trying to point out a distinction in the application of the 'bid snipe' term in the context of the auction types we are discussing here. What this is not is a volley of opinions as you would like to have it so you can say anything you want to dump here and feel justified for making the space to say any unsported thing you wish to. What this is is a discussion we are having about the application of a term... It's just a shame that the only things you ever seem to bring to any topic on this greater forum, along with your wisecracks and insults, is your enormously negative attitude to everything people try to discuss here with any seriousness. The reason you continue to hound me is that it serves some dark pleasure you derive from being a nuisance in threads. Why again is that when it involves my comments... it's because in a past thread when I pressed you to share an image of some note you wanted to celebrate finding at bank in another thread, you refused to show evidence of the note, even after being complimented on your find. It sure is funny how you can't bear to carry through on a topic but you manage quite well to carry grudges far and long. Trying putting those grudges down a while and discuss a topic instead. You might learn something from your fellow forum members. :smile

4. TheCoinGeezer

Yeah, you are.
    No grudge here, Krispy but your last statement applies more to you than me.
    Not one person here has agreed with your limited definition of sniping.
    You have opined, at length, stating and restating the same opinion over and over, ignoring all opinions to the contrary.
    Sniping was called sniping long before any sniping software became available to automate it.
    You blithely ignore that fact and expound your theory ad nauseum.
    It's my opinion that you are wrong and your theory is pure hogwash.
    I posit that it is you, not I, who has something to learn from his fellow forumites in this matter.

5. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

You guys are arguing semantics, it is pointless.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

I think it's only fair to let you know I am placing you back on 'ignore' with the conclusion of this post. I'd only removed the ignore status that I've kept you on for the greater good of this topic's discussion, but you have again proved yourself only capable of whittling a topic down to a juvenile, "Yes, it is." : "No, it isn't." sort of pointlessness. As I've critiqued you before, you've had nothing to add to the topic as a discussion. Until you can actually contribute something to this discussion or any other, just save your breath as I am about to do with you... Ignore: ON.

Not this topic nor anything else you have ever had to say to me was not will be discussion

Had you read the thread, you would also know I wasn't alone.

7. krispy

krispy krispy

If indeed semantics, then it is as complex and lengthy as this thread has shown itself be. No one is making you read this thread nor comment here, but I appreciate that you have spent some time looking at this thread. Semantics is not tidy business, but it is a formal field of study, far from being expressed as an absolute, pointless. Irregardless of the above comment I made using the word pointlessness in that context. ;)

8. TheCoinGeezer

"Irregardless" isn't a word. :D

9. TheCoinGeezer

So in other words, you are gonna put your fingers in your ears and go "Nyah, nyah, nyah" because someone has the temerity to disagree with you.
    You crack me up! :D

10. Lehigh96

Well this isn't a language forum. You have been so busy trying to be right that you have not noticed that you highjacked Duke's thread. So even if you are right, you are still wrong.

11. krispy

krispy krispy

No, this is not a language forum, but it requires language to discuss topics and from time to time such topics will encounter difficulties that may mire in details which easily exhaust and frustrate some... I here remind you, that you decided to insert something on semantics, something on language, and by adding to this what you have, you have contributed something to what you feel is off topic discussion akin to thread hijacking.

I've not been alone in this entire discussion, so please refrain from attempting to discount my comments thus far as incorrect hinged on a notion of thread hijacking for which you'd like to show me entirely to blame. Very few posts have addressed much towards the OPs inquiry compared to the greater attentiveness that has been the debate I helped maintain with specific replies to my comments here on the topic of bid sniping.

There's never a guarantee on an open forum that a thread will ever, without straying, stay on course the way an OP may have intend the topic to go from the outset, especially when the parameters are open ended and the membership and experiences wide reaching. As I pointed out earlier, the OP was ambiguous and he has yet to return to define it any better or aide in keeping his own thread on course, if ever he cared to or if ever there were a course he thought it ought to take. At this point, the OP may even have abandoned thread.

You too have contributed to this off topic thread hijacking so do be aware that your comments apply to youself as well. You simple surmise does nothing to disprove my earlier arguments which you are just becoming tuned into, be your interest here for serious discussion or mere thrill of seeing me maintain my side of the discussion.

12. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I agree ~ I have a different opinion of the term and neither one of us is going to change their opinion.

13. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I've been called anti-semantic at times but it's not true.:)

14. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

In Krispy's defense...Duke's OP WAS a bit vague.

Personally, I had no idea what Duke was asking. He could have been asking about sniping techniques or asking about bid sniping software products...or something else entirely. :scratch:

Beating up on Krispy doesn't serve a purpose (imo). :3three: (I've always wanted to use that one! :D)

15. Lehigh96

I categorized your stupid little debate as semantics and called it pointless in an effort to get you to drop it. You are the hijacker of this thread, make no mistake about it. My efforts were an attempt to get back on topic.

You have been the instigator and agitator throughout the entire thread. You don't like being called a troll by a guy with less than 10 posts. Well then how do you like being called a troll by a guy with over 5,000 posts. TROLL!

He did return to his thread in post #24 you pompous troll! You were too busy trying to be right and must have missed that as well.

I don't care about your points, whether they are proved or disproved, or your lame little attempt to lump me in with you as one of the hijackers of this thread. You are so out of line it isn't even funny. You owe Duke and everyone else in this thread an apology for your behavior.

16. TheCoinGeezer

Can't we all just get along?:high5:

17. Way to go, Duke! :D

18. krispy

krispy krispy

Don't get hot with me just because I've shown you to be complicit and in turn you've responded with nothing but opinions that attempt to frame me as otherwise. You comments remain off topic, look in the mirror Paul. If you are so indifferent to mine or other's points, then what are you doing in this thread still after having given your thoughts about the OP... I owe no one apologies for holding a discussion like in any other thread, please spare me the lecture as you're really one to talk about arguing semantics on forums that stray into fine details to argue a greater topic. :rolleyes:

When Duke returned to the thread he did little to nothing but express his surprize over the direction the thread took then high tailed it on out of here for the majority of the thread. If you have nothing to add on topic then why not live up to your suggestion that you are doing anything but continuing to discuss it rather than critiquing me as wrong with no support and fully responsible for a list of trumped up charges you feel more empowered to levy on other members that you are somehow free from judgement yourself.

19. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

images (19).jpg

Looks like Krispy against the rest! If I was the OP and saw my thread hijacked this way, I might just decide to stay out of it, irregardless (non-standard use of English, here) of it being my thread, as simply the better part of valor.

Or is it a requirement for the OP of any hijacked thread to come on and fight with the person who hijacks it?????

20. TheCoinGeezer

:dead-horse:
    And you spelled "surpise" wrong too.
    I only mention it because you've taken others to task for spelling errors and typos.
    Have a nice day.

21. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Hmm wow 1 day since i last checked this thread and we have 4 pages of reply, I am lost here so what is going on?

Draft saved Draft deleted