Bicentennial

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kelly Capone, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Kelly Capone

Kelly Capone Well-Known Member

These are four Bicentennial quarters I've managed to save over the years. I think they still look pretty good considering. Even the one with more toning still has great details to me on the reverse. You can still see back drum details pretty well. I've just been keeping them wrapped in a soft cloth and in a plastic bag. What's a better way to preserve them so they don't get damaged anymore than they are? IMG_20200614_131550.jpg IMG_20200614_131700.jpg IMG_20200614_131841.jpg IMG_20200614_131921.jpg IMG_20200614_132010.jpg IMG_20200614_131445.jpg IMG_20200614_132458.jpg IMG_20200614_132428.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

These are considered common due to the high mintages. A 2 x 2 or a flip is best for storage. Two of yours are damaged but the other two aren't too bad. You can buy a mint sealed circulation set for a few dollars as nothing expensive is in them.

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Yeah, I was saving these and have a roll of them somewhere. I just spend them now.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Those coins are circulated enough that theare not really worth any premium, let alone the cost of a flip or 2x2 + staples.

Kelly Capone likes this.
  6. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

When they were first issued I got my hands on a couple of uncirculated bank rolls. Still have them but the price hasn’t done much. The design is appealing for many people, yourself included @Kelly Capone

Kelly Capone likes this.
  7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

They are worth a quarter apiece. The mintages on these coins was very high, which was good thing. It let every citizen have a keepsake from the celebration.

It's something you keep for fun.

Kelly Capone likes this.
  8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I was a coin crazy kid in 1976. It was quite exciting to see these as the mint hadn’t given us anything new and different for a very long time (in a kids mind)...... I have a box that I still toss bicentennial quarters in just because I have a soft spot for them. You have to keep in mind though that these were struck for two years so they are very plentiful. If you like them as I do just get some inexpensive 2x2 flips for them.

Kelly Capone and Collecting Nut like this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Being a kid in 1976 makes you a youngster today. :D

10. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Bless you, Dave!

Kelly Capone and Collecting Nut like this.
  11. Collecting Nut

LOL, LOL, LOL

Kelly Capone likes this.
  12. Kelly Capone

Yes. I understand. I've spent so many of the ones I had. Thanks for the storage answer!

Collecting Nut likes this.
  13. Kelly Capone

Same. I've just decided to keep these four.

Kentucky likes this.
  14. Kelly Capone

That's what I thought. I don't want to buy anything fancy for them, just wondered if there was a better way to store them than I'm doing now.

15. Kelly Capone

Exactly!

16. Kelly Capone

Thanks! I might do that!

17. Kelly Capone

I wish that were true! Hahahaha!

18. Kelly Capone

Maybe my grandkids will enjoy them if I ever have any!

19. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Kelly if these have special meaning to you such as given to you by someone special then it would be worth it to put them in a cardboard 2 x 2 holder or a plastic flip. Otherwise maybe just save the best example you have until you can "up grade" it to a nicer example. These have to be pristine and virtually completely free of marks or dings and have no dirt or grime to be worth anything more than "face value" (25 cents). I have one that I save because of the unusual toning. It has a weak strike or worn dies were used as on the reverse you can see the edge of the drum is not very sharp and is mushy. As mentioned above millions and millions of these were made in 1975 and 1976 so a lot survive in nice condition.
    Keep on looking! Polish_20200614_190446565.jpg

Kelly Capone likes this.
  20. Kelly Capone

I had soooo many of them. Then during the starving time of building a business sent most of them to Taco Bell! Hahahaha!

Gilbert likes this.
  21. Kelly Capone

This is beautiful!!!! I might get something for them just so they don't get anymore damage.

Razz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted