Bicentennial Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by PamR, Feb 21, 2024.

1. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

Found these in cigar box…
    IMG_5622.jpeg IMG_5624.jpeg IMG_5625.png IMG_5627.jpeg IMG_5628.jpeg IMG_5630.jpeg IMG_5631.jpeg

green18 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PamR

4. PamR

5. PamR

6. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

I don't understand micrscope pics of US pocket change

7. PamR

They are not with microscope. Cell phone and just to show not worn. Sorry you do not care for them. Pocket change to you! Something else to another! Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    dwhiz and 1stSgt22 like this.
  8. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Pam, The “something else” would include the fact that all the coins in this post are less than mint state, they had a mint run of billions over 2 years and everybody and their brother saved them, being the Bicentennial.

It will be a long time before these begin to appreciate. Put simply: there is no demand for them and there is a huge supply…imo…Spark

9. PamR

Thanks! Appreciate it! One day I’ll learn not to just post pretty coins. lol!

10. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

I do it all the time, when I get them and other "old" coins in my change. And I do know that they aren't worth more than face value. But still, in less than 2 years from now, these bicentennials will be the big "5-0".

PamR likes this.
  11. PamR

Thank you for that! :)

VistaCruiser69 likes this.
  12. Spark1951

Nothin’ wrong with posting pretty coins, in fact we all need to post them more often. Don’t stop.

There’s a feeling of something elegant when you see a picture of some California fractional gold, a Walker Half or a well-preserved Morgan…but when you see them in hand is when the word “awe-inspiring” becomes relevant.

I’m sure you and other members can site better examples, but Mercury dimes, Standing Liberty quarters and Walker Halves started me collecting 62 years ago, as did Indian Head cents and Buffalo nickels.

Yes, we need more pretty coins…imo…Spark

13. PamR

Yes… I have many posted on my thread I have.. mixture of Morgan’s, halves etc. and pocket change lol! But hey that’s how people start! Some anyway.
    Once I receive the friend’s US coins she wants me to go through maybe it will be some nicer ones to post. Her foreigns have been nice to look through. Thanks!

Spark1951 likes this.
  14. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Spendum if you gotum...
    If they aren't silver move them along...

15. Spark1951

Spelling Police in action! Soaring in to save the day, correction to post #11…

…members can cite better examples…

So, there! I just busted myself!…(smile)…Spark

Dan Galbato and SensibleSal66 like this.
  16. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Or sight.... violin.gif

Spark1951 likes this.
  17. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

I remember seeing friends keeping all the bicentennial quarters they could find. Jars full of them claiming they will be worth something someday. Guess what - that day will never come in your lifetime. My grandmother and her friends were doing this - when the state quarters came out wanting to collect all the state quarters they could. Just like the bicentennial quarters. I told them to stop doing this. But I guess in time it overwhelmed them. I guess the state quarter program but a stop to this ludicrous saving of the 76 quarters. Thats why so many bicentennials are in excellent shape from people saving jars full of them.

18. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Is that why I can't find them I circulation?

PamR likes this.
  19. PamR

Ha ha!!! They were in a cigar box! IMG_5588.jpeg IMG_5586.jpeg

Spark1951 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  20. PamR

I guess so! For me… it’s a quarter that many take lightly! It represents America! It’s a quarter from pocket change yes. But the why is important to many! Couple more from the box!
    IMG_5807.jpeg IMG_5808.jpeg IMG_5830.jpeg IMG_5831.jpeg IMG_5840.jpeg IMG_5841.jpeg IMG_5820.jpeg IMG_5821.jpeg IMG_5824.jpeg IMG_5825.jpeg

21. PamR

Spark1951 and VistaCruiser69 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted