bicentennial quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wallace wisdom, May 24, 2020.

1. are the 1976quarters in high grade worth getting graded

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sorry forgot the pics

Attached Files:

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

As a general rule...unless they are super high grade it’s not worth it. They made so many of those coins they are very common.

Yours has enough dings where I would say no.

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It would have to grade MS68 to make it worthwhile, but based on those (poor) incomplete photos, it won't make it. ~ Chris

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You need an almost problem free coin, like a 68 or higher. The one you showed is not going to make it.

8. CamaroDMD

In my opinion. Unless a coin is exceptionally special, it’s not worth submitting by the average person. Large bulk submissions...the numbers work. But single coins, I don’t think so.

Santinidollar likes this.
  9. ok thanks for the info guy's

10. wait what does that mean numbers ? dou mean in bulk by alot at a time when you submit them ?

11. do you get them done cheaper when you submit in bulk like a bulk rate thing ?

12. CamaroDMD

Yeah. When large dealers do bulk submissions they get a lower fee. This is why I don’t submit coins. If I want a graded coin, I buy it graded. It doesn’t make sense to me from a financial standpoint to do otherwise.

The exception being a really unique or special coin.

I’ve submitted 3 coins in my life. Two were family heirlooms that I wanted authenticated and the other was a very rare coin.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the bulk rate applies only to certain members.

For the average member, submitting just one or two coins doesn't really work. As an ordinary member at NGC, I used to submit 50+ coins at a time of the same date, mintmark and denomination using a process of comparison and elimination. I would buy Mint bags of business strikes of SQ's, Kennedy's and Sacs looking for specimens to grade MS68. All you need to do is get 10 or so out of 50 submissions to grade MS68, and you can make a nice profit. ~ Chris

14. Soya that's a little out of my lueqe i'm just an old cripple just tryn to have a little something ,but it's still fun when I collect and hunt, thanks for all the good advice guy's.

15. CamaroDMD

Enjoy the hunt...that’s the fun part. If you want slabbed coins, buy them already slabbed. There’s a hunt there too to find the right one!

16. ok kewl , thanks and be safe .

17. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I’ll offer this just in case you do reach the point where you want to submit a coin. Find a dealer and create a relationship with him. Ask him when he is planning a submission and see if he will let you include your coin with his. I am like @CamaroDMD and purchase my coins already slabbed. But occasionally a nice piece comes my way that needs to be authenticated and my dealer always lets me piggyback My coin with his submission.

CamaroDMD likes this.
  18. o sorry randy I didn't see your reply till now thanks for the advice and i'm gunna check them out right now if I can find your site

Draft saved Draft deleted