Bicentennial Proof Set Moon Error on half dollar reverse of Independence Hall

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Wheppe8044, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Wheppe8044

Wheppe8044 New Member

coin.jpg The set I have is the three %40 silver Clad Coins from the San Francisco mint and the coins are still in the cases from the mint. I see that the errors on these sets go for maybe $100 - $200 but the one I own is different because the mistake looks like a moon in the sky(under the D in United) and that it actually looks like it was a design they used, which I know that was not in the design. I am taking economics in college so I know how the supply and demand work. I have seen coins go for $1,000s at auction when someone told them they would not get more than $30 for it. So someone with money may want to make a set of errors that do not look like errors. I just started with examining coins closely but I would like someone who has a set, sound, knowledge base on these types of coins to tell me more about mistakes like these. It would be very appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

huh?

dwhiz likes this.
  4. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Looks like a strike-through ...

5. Wheppe8044

Wheppe8044 New Member

Does a Strike Through lead to a demand for coins that are still in the plastic holder from the mint, with this error?

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No..not really. It's common and not really a major mint error.. If it is actually a Strike Through issue.

7. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I wold lean towards a strike through also. Very neat on a proof coin!

Draft saved Draft deleted