BEWARE this seller!!!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Topcat7, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

Warning!
    See eBay item No. 141971484534

If you check his 'Feedback" you can see that this seller has sold the same coin at least FOUR TIMES during February, March, and April of this year, and it is up for sale, again.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pellinore

Pellinore Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that it's the same coin, only the same type. Naturally, it's an unbelievably bad and untrustworthy seller. But the sunny side is, you don't need to meet him in person to take his fingerprints.

stevex6 likes this.
  4. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

Oh its the same coin alright. If you compare the photos used to sell each time, they are undeniably the same photos. All of the 'dirt' and the flan 'cracks' are in the same place.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  5. CoinZone

CoinZone Active Member

Maybe it's only the same photo. Maybe he sends a different coin

6. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Omegaraptor likes this.
  7. Pellinore

Pellinore Well-Known Member

8. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I'd rather not disclose my name, but I have 26 acres of land along the boundaries of which I'd like to see you erect a very perfect decorative stone wall. I really cannot afford to have someone else do this work, as it would be too expensive. Since you obviously need the money, I figure you would work for a wage I can afford to pay.

Paul M. and TIF like this.
  9. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

10. Kevin Weaver

Kevin Weaver New Member

When it comes to buying raw coins on e-bay, you are taking a considerable risk of counterfeits, substitution (bait and switch) and just outright sleeze-bag behavior on the part of the seller. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of less-than-honerable sellers out there. I personally have adopted the policy of only buying slabbed coins; sure you pay more but you can sleep at night knowing you got what you paid for and it eliminates the worry of getting a cleaned coin which can be hard to detect.

Draft saved Draft deleted