beware: planman2014 here, planonit (Hunter Smith) ATS

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cc fanetic, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc fanetic

cc fanetic Active Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    baseball21 and jwitten like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Yup, use caution with him (just avoid)

5. cc fanetic

cc fanetic Active Member

yes it's planman2014 here. I'm the messinger, not a victim.

6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

@planman2014 has been messaging me off and on for months trying to sell me Morgans. Ever since I messaged him about one about a year ago, but didn't end up buying.

7. jwitten

It's a shame the mods here have not blocked him yet

nuMRmatist and cc fanetic like this.
  8. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Wow didnt know any of this. He pm'ed me last week about the "morgan market" and then asked if I knew anyone who was buying any sheldon or newcomb varieties.

After reading that thread, Im not talking to him anymore.

cc fanetic likes this.
  9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

He messaged me out of the blue, too. Same thing. Fishing for buyers, I guess.

cc fanetic likes this.
  10. cc fanetic

cc fanetic Active Member

Sounds like he is using the same MO as he did ATS.

11. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Yea , he has PMed me off and on for about a year now. Trying to sell high-end Morgans. I never would of guessed, this is the same guy that they were complaining about on PCGS forums

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Same here, John. Expensive Morgans.

13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's breaking the rules, almost... he was careful not to solicit.

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

THANK YOU! I tried to let Doug know as HS recently messaged me here. He was just banned from a dozen FB coin groups for his scammimg too. Doug won't do anything though because CT doesn't get involved with BST stuff and he technically isn't breaking any rules here. Doug, c'mon man! Make an exception and get this scum gone! This is the only place left he has to prey on people.

15. Santinidollar

He has several For Sale ads up right now on this site.

16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I do back Doug on this and I believe you should consider it a little more than gut reaction. First the BST forum is useful, (I have used it occasionally) but is absolutely not necessary to the stated history and function of the site , which is numismatic education. If it was removed ( A more likely end result in my opinion) , as it is impossible to identify a "fradulent transaction in an anonymous exchange, make a factual decision on right/wrong, and process, and then possibly defend legally and financially. Will all members who have ever used it pop up with their contributed money for legal processes ( do not bet your life on it). The B/S/T forum attracts many bad individuals, as it involves money, and it may catch the uninitiated, fraud, or greedy member as well. I would never buy or sell to a member with less than several hundred messages or transactions, or less than a year or 2 on the board, but that's me, you may differ. Remember, it can be on both sides of an agreement, if the offer is way over expectations, you may never get it, and VV. You can search other members posts using the search process to get a feel of their personality ( or in case of some, multiple personalities :) IMO ( not to be taken as same as administration).Jim

ldhair likes this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I get that, regarding the BST forum. I don't want it to go bye bye. I suppose our only recourse, if we so choose, is to block the member, thereby shutting him off from his attempts to message us.
    Don't get me wrong. I have never had a negative experience with planman. And it sounds like he's slowly paying people back... But it sounds like shady business to me, as well. I mean, who takes someone's money, fails to deliver, and then doesn't pay them back for months on end?

18. jwitten

I gotta say, I like the other site's bst feature that let's people reply to "for sale"
    ads. At least you can warn other users that way.

nuMRmatist likes this.
  19. Santinidollar

He's already joined my ignore list. Case closed.

ominus1 likes this.
  20. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Nope, I won't do anything. Why ? All kinds of reasons, several of them having to do with the legalities involved. You do realize that if I did something like that, as an admin I could be held personally responsible from a legal standpoint. You gonna pay my lawyer fees ? Didn't think so.

You should also realize, and in this case I mean all of you, any of you, that you too can be held legally responsible for any and all comments you make on this forum. While the forum itself cannot be - because you were the one that said it - not the forum.

Also, then there is the issue about me doing doing things, me taking action against a member, just because some other member says I should. Or bcause they did something else someplace else. Hmmmm - does anybody besides me see a problem with that ? Does anybody besides me see the precedent that would set ?

Just suppose Cascade that somebody, anybody, decided to bad mouth you. Would I then not be obligated to ban you from the forum ? And also ban anybody else that was bad mouthed by anybody else ?

Do you have any idea how many times I've seen one member get mad at another and start badmouthing him or her ? And not just on this forum, I ran other forums before I ever came to this one. And I have been a member at just about every other coin forum that has ever been. And even as far back as rcc - I paid with my own money to help others pay their legal bills, lawyer fees, because of something they said on a forum ! So yeah, I know all about that stuff !

This is exactly why CT staff will absolutely not become involved in any, ANY, BST transactions between forum members. This is exactly why CT staff will not police the advertising sections on CT, for any reason, other than to do so as per our forum rules.

I've said it before on this forum a hundred times, and I'll probably say it a hundred more times - if you ever buy a coin from anybody other than a trusted and respected dealer, and that most definitely includes buying from other CT members unless you personally know and trust them, then you are a damn fool !

So if you, any of you, want to tell the world that this person or that person is a bad guy - you go right ahead and tell them. I sure won't stop ya. Just make sure you remember this - YOU are the one responsible for your own actions. You are the one who will be paying the lawyer fees, and maybe worse.

Also remember, that if by doing what you feel must do, if you break our forum rules by doing so, you will also suffer the consequences for doing that as well.

So no. I won't do anything and neither will any of the other staff members. I won't do it to him just like I won't do it to you.

But you guys, you go right ahead and do what you think you gotta do.

21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that could come back to bite you in the butt, too, if you made a mistake and confused members, or simply had a misunderstanding...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.