Best way to sell Cherrypickers' finds?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by sf340flier, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sf340flier

sf340flier New Member

Hello all.

I have been reading through the new Cherrypickers' Guide and came across a nice Washington Quarter variety. I am not a quarter variety collector and would like to sell this. This is not a high grade coin (F-12 maybe worth $10-$15). Is Ebay the place for this? Are there dealers who would buy these varieties and should I check with them?

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

Yes, eBay is your best bet to not only sell the coin but also to get the best price for it as well! The only downfall to selling it on eBay, are all of the fees involved. If you can post one enlarged picture of both sides of the coin or no more than two pictures, then the fees shouldn't be too bad. The more pictures that you post with the listing and the more options that you want with the listing (i.e. Supersize the Picture option, etc.) then the more fees you pay and the less that you will get.

Most Coin Dealers will not purchase lower grade Error Coins unless they are extremely rare and even then, they will not and cannot pay anywhere what they are worth.

Good luck!

Frank

4. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

There are ways around the fees for extra pics problems but you have to use your own custom auction template rather than eBays. If you host your pictures off of eBays site your template can bring the images in just like they do other parts of the page such as borders etc. I don't sell on eBay and I'm not skilled at writing such a template, but I know it is possible from others that do it.

Draft saved Draft deleted