Best Valentines Day EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dimefreak, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Today started off like any other day but ending up being what I consider to be my best day in regards to collecting. The fun began when I returned home from class this afternoon and my wife informed me that I have a project waiting for me on the work bench. At first I was thinking to myself, "Gee whiz thanks for giving me something for Valentines Day." So I went down stairs and realized that the "project" was actually my Valentines day gift. She purchased me a 1000 series National Cash Register!!!
    [​IMG]

I have restored two 300 series NCR's and have felt I was ready for something more difficult for a little while now! So of course I had to tinker with it a little bit and was in for a nice surprise when I got the drawer unfrozen!!!
    [​IMG]

Yeap a Mercury Dime! But not just any Mercury dime it was a 1921 P in AG to G condition!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So If that wasn't a good enough day my mom stops by shortly later and hands me a card with this inside
    [​IMG]

So now I am thinking that it was a very good day!!! No sooner than my mom leaves there a ringing on the doorbell..... It was the mail lady with a package that needed to be signed for..... I figured it was a coin so I asked who it was from. My wife says " Mark Feld???" My jaw drops!!! I couldn't believe all the excitement in one day!!!! Here is what was inside the package from Mark.

MS68 STAR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really still havent absorbed everything today. I have purchased more expensive collectibles before but never had I had a day full of so many collector related surprises!!! When you mix collecting and surprises it just dont get any better!

this is a day I will always will remember for sure!!!:p

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

WHOA! You lucky dog...that's one heck of a day! :D

Love the rainbow dime from Mark! NICE!

4. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

EPIC!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Really nice gifts! Love the cash register!

6. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

That is awesome. I'll take that day any day. :D

7. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Oh...the real question is how did you train them so well to buy such nice stuff. What usually happens is you hear the story where they gift a Franklin mint coin set and some of those colored quarters from TV....since you told them you collect coins. LOLOLOLOL

8. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Man o' Man!!! Don't pinch yourself! That is awesome!

9. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

That's great.
    And that 68 is a smoker!!

10. EvilKidsMeal

EvilKidsMeal New Member

I...love.....that....Mercury.....Wow

Congrats! those are some awesome gifts.

11. bluemule31

bluemule31 New Member

If you got all that for Valentine's I would love to see what you get for christmas!

12. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Awesome story. I especially like the part about finding that 21 Merc inside the old cash register. Very cool.

You're on a roll, if I were you I'd go buy some lottery tickets or schedule a quick trip to Vegas!

13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't think you could have wished for anything nicer, and Mark has always had a good eye for quality. Congratulations!

Chris

14. Sounds like a dream. Congrats! TC

15. krispy

krispy krispy

So wait, Mark Feld was your Valentine? ;) :D (JK)

Congrats on the great gifts. :thumb:

Maybe you can post pics when you finish restoring the register some day too.

16. texmech

texmech Wanna be coin collector

She have any sisters?:cool:

17. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

LOL.... I was just gonna ask the same thing.

But Dimefreak, you did have a great day, congrats on all the beautiful surprises.

I got a special maple leave from my oldest son, colorful cards from my youngest kids and a nice Marlin model 1893 .30-30 lever action carbine rifle from my wife. Gosh I love this baby, can't wait to shoot it :smile

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Which one? The gun or the wife.....J/K :)

19. hiho

hiho off to work we go

It's going to be hard to top this Valentine's Day.

That 1940-S MS68* Mercury knocked my socks off.

Good luck with the cash register!

20. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate all of the comments!!! It was a great day for sure! I will post pictures of her when she is finished!

PS This is the first time I have ever gotten Numismatic gifts from my family members...So I dont know what gives!?!?

21. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

That's great Dimefreak. They did it because maybe they saw you members name and figured you would like a coin or two. Very nice of them giving you something you are passionate about.

Green18* The gun of course......LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted