Best site to get help! I need your opinions please?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Murillo, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Murillo

Murillo Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, been going through my coins for months now writing down all information for my children. There have been several times I posted questions on this site hoping someone could give me dates on some coins or identifying what some of these coins are.
    To my astonishment I rec'd answers, now I'm hoping that whatever some of you do to look at coins on this site you will be able to tell me the mint mark on this coin. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Those old dimes worked hard. When the rims wore down they tended to get into the mint mark pretty heavily. I feel pretty confident that this one is an "S" or San Francisco mint based on the curve and the serif that I can see at the top of the mark.

4. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Yes, S! Nicely worn specimen! :happy:;)

When you post a coin like this, please show both sides. Often (& on certain questions) there are tell-tale signs on the opposite side which help us figure things out...but really, we just like to see the whole coin...we are coin "fanatics", after all.

Chuck_A and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

No question! It's an "S".

Chris

Chuck_A likes this.
  6. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Not that it really matter at this point but if you don't post pictures of the Obv, what's the date?

Chuck_A likes this.
  7. Murillo

Murillo Well-Known Member

Sorry, here is the front of the coin. I sometimes think if the coin is in terrible condition posting both sides wouldn't make a difference. Learned something today & Thank you everyone for your opinions.

Attached Files:

Islander80-83 likes this.
  8. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

No, it makes a big difference. I'm wishing your coin had been a "D". That would have been a MAJOR difference!

Murillo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted