Best. Present. Ever.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lincolncent, Dec 26, 2011.

1. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Ever since I started collecting one of my favorite coins has been the 20 cent piece. I don't know much about the different varieties and such but I thought they were a very very cool piece of American history. I have wanted one in my collection forever but the price was well out of my reach (and still is). Fortunately though, I have one of the best girlfriends ever. I had a hunch she was giving me a coin for Christmas but I didn't know what one. She wrapped it inside 6 boxes with the largest one being one I could pretty much fit inside and she weighted it down with bottles of water. Needless to say I was quite confused as to what I had gotten until I got to the very inside and unwrapped the box to find this beauty inside. Sorry for the horrid pics, my camera is terrible except from far distances and really close ones. Also, anybody who knows a site with pics of varieties, let me know. :)

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lincolncent

Couple more of the reverse.

Attached Files:

4. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

You might want to keep that girl...

5. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

+1. Put a ring on her.

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

One of the first coins I bought when I got back into coins in 09, love the double dimes. Nice gift and as others said, keep the girl ;)

7. StephenS

StephenS Member

I agree with the others about keeping the girl, but I think your pics are great!

8. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

lol my mom and sister did the same thing , put the coin in a bunch of boxes and weighed it down with rocks and i was like uhhhh.....and then i found the coin a 1 oz mexican coin not exactly sure what they are called

9. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

10. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

ah yes those :)

11. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

Very nice coin and original too. Congratulations! That was a very nice thing for your girlfriend to do.

12. dmott88

dmott88 Coin Slinger

Buy a ring bro!
    My wife once was that girlfriend that bought an incredible coin for me for Christmas. It's nice to have someone who understands our madness.

13. lincolncent

I wish I could afford a ring haha. And she doesn't just stand my madness, its starting to rub off. I no longer have any Mercury's in my collection. She loves the design and has hijacked all of them from me lol. I've been trying to find her a nice graded MS affordable but haven't found one yet (that I liked anyways).

14. dmott88

dmott88 Coin Slinger

You better put a ring on it before she takes all your coins! JK

You can find a nice slabbed Merc on the bay for under $20.

The way I saved for a ring and this might work for you as well is every dollar bill I got back in change I put in a jar. Whether it is just one or four. You don't really miss them and they add up quick. I also bought some junk silver every time I went to the coin shop. I'd buy a dime or two or whatever I can afford after I bought the coin I wanted. I'd also roll searched every time I cashed my paycheck I'd cash it out in change. I would add it all to my dollar jar. When our anniversary came around I emptied its contents and sold the silver. I had $563 dollars in one year and around $750 in silver in a year. It made for a very nice engagement ring and was perfect timing.

If nothing else take a silver half dollar and a spoon. Make an old fashioned spoon ring as a promise ring. If she likes coins she will like it :) My wife currently wears a standing liberty quarter toe ring I fashioned for her :p

15. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

The greatest hobby is one you share with loved ones. Make sure you keep the girl and always hold on to that one coin she gave you. It will make a great conversation piece one day.
    Oh and buy her a ring before you buy her a coin. :) You know she will like either one.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Those exact thoughts came to my mind as well gentlemen.

What a gal you got there weather man........:)

17. juneeci

juneeci New Member

Ah,i think they are very cool.[​IMG]

18. CCMint

CCMint Tempus fugit

She's a keeper. (Ms. Seated Liberty, and the GF.)

Draft saved Draft deleted