best grading service

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Allan, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

Hi Al, I am new here and will share you an honest answer from a 30 year coin collector and seller in this hobby.

All grading companies are fine. It's what you need the tpg for.

All tpgs have had the same coin graders at there companies one time or another grading coins.

So.. If you have some nice franklins that you think will grade high and want top $$$ in return, well PCGS and NGC is way the go.

Franklins are a tough coin to get in higher grades because of the minting process during those years.

ICG is very good and have been right on the money for me over the years on my franklins.
    I have gotten a few 1961 PR D-cams in grade of 68 from ICG graded 10 years ago and just last year, broke out both of them and sent 1 into NGC and the other to PCGS and both came back D-cams PR 68. This is just a test I do once in a while to see how companies are doing.

So, if you want to pay $24 or $18 for top tier kool-aid drinking TPG's do so, if you want to slab your coins for protection, watch the specials icons on the ICG and Anacs websites for $10 a coin specials with a 10 coin min.

Oh, ICG, Anacs no membership fees. NGC and PCGS you must be a club member to submit your coins. Or find a dealer in your area that you can trust to submit them for you and sometimes the fees through them will be less by maybe 20%.

Hope this helps. Just be stern in the biz while selling your coins in those ICG and Anacs slabs, there are a ton of sharks out here that will lowball you by looking at your coin in one those slabs I mention and noticed you do have a coin graded correctly. Then offer you less by the stories on how Anacs and ICG have had issues, you sell and then they resubmit that coin PCGS or NGC and make big $$$ off of you. That's why many don't like me and that's ok.

BTW, I don't drink Koolaid, I use all Tpg's for my collection and values.
    Slabbing coins can be very expensive Al and overtime it gets silly to play this slabbing game.
    Do your homework ok.

Enjoy the coin and hobby.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
Draft saved Draft deleted