Best bank haul of my life! Silver half dollars

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by 71Avalon, Feb 28, 2024.

1. 71Avalon

71Avalon Well-Known Member

From my bank. I already posted this about a year and a half ago but I was very new to CT so I didn't know how to post pictures so I figured I'd post again. Teller looked out for me! :happy:

IMG_20240228_144133.jpg

IMG_20240228_145305.jpg

IMG_20240228_145350.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Whoa!!! That teller goes on the Christmas card list! Great haul.

4. 71Avalon

I was in the process of moving so I wasn't thinking about coins at that time. My daughter and I were in the drive through cashing one of her paychecks when the teller went out of her way and told me through the intercom that she had some. The bank got a big box of doughnuts. Lol

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

If the teller pulled these coins for you, he or she deserves more than that.

71Avalon and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  6. 71Avalon

Yeah I hook them up as often as I can.

7. Randy Abercrombie

I am good friends with my banker and some years back I asked her if she received unusual change at the window. She told me they received odd change all the time. So I told her. If you will set it aside for me, I’ll stop by once a week with a box of donuts and buy the change from her…. Checked back a few weeks later and she apologized that she didn’t have anything for me, nor would she…. I had turned her into a rabid coin collector!

71Avalon and -jeffB like this.
  8. 71Avalon

Lol some years ago there was an older guy working one of the branches and I would ask him sometimes if he had anything. He didn't flat out tell me he was a collector and he wasn't going to give me anything but I could tell by his dodgy responses that he was. I left him alone after that! :hilarious:

9. 71Avalon

There was a bunch of clad Kennedys in the mix, along with a bunch of Ike dollars. It's always made me wonder how stuff like that gets into a bank and then into our collections. A collector down on his luck maybe?

10. Randy Abercrombie

I think that more often than not grandma will pass and the change she had saved in her nightstand finds its way to the bank. That sort of thing…. Most average folks just see spending money. Wasn’t that long ago I grabbed something at the parts store. The fellow dropped my quarter on the floor and I heard the distinct ring of silver. He apologized and said he would get me another because that sounded fake. I told him nope. I’ll be happy to take the quarter he dropped. He thought I was nuts.

71Avalon likes this.
  11. 71Avalon

Oh wow that's a neat little story and a bit of good luck for you. I love that sound! I figured it was probably someone who didn't know or didn't care. Actually, the coins didn't seem like they came from a collection. They were banging around together in zip lock bags. Are the Ikes worth keeping? There were 31 of them alone! Lol

12. Randy Abercrombie

I keep them. But they aren’t worth anymore than face value really.

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That is a nice haul. Congratulations

71Avalon likes this.
  14. Amberlarry22

Amberlarry22 Well-Known Member

Where you located? :smuggrin: JK. Nice haul!

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I love dumb tellers! I brought them pizzas once for lunch. This was worth at least a box of donuts.

71Avalon and SensibleSal66 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted