BEP making money!!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Mike185, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

so I don’t remember where I read it but I was thinking about it. Is it true the bep will pull out fancy serial number like radars,flippers,ladders, and ect...to sell to collectors before they release to the public? If so that is crazy.... they print the notes, sell all the good notes for note that have already printed. I would like to see there bank account!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that. I don't believe they would allot people to do that specific tasks, IMHO. If you find the information you believe you read, please do post it.

4. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

No

They do pull some specific serial numbers for their add-on products like coin & currency or gift sets (numbers with the current year, lots of 8s)

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Yes but they know the serial number run before hand and just pull that run to produce those sets.

6. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

7. Mike185

Maximizing profit.

8. lettow

lettow Senior Member

The BEP has a product that it has to deliver to its customer, the Federal Reserve Banks. While the BEP has received permission from the FED to use certain notes for the BEP products, they do not pull radars, flippers or any others for sale to the public.

The Bank of England pulls low serial numbers from the each new note type and auctions them for charity. But no No. 1 notes, those go to the monarch.

9. Mike185

Birthday notes! Thumbs down...

Draft saved Draft deleted