BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Following up on this: Now that I've seen several of the "2016" $2 notes on Ebay and such, it does appear that their plate positions are consistent with a LEPE printing. So I've revised my LEPE page to indicate that LEPE $2's now exist, and to show which print runs of 2013 $2's are currently known to be LEPE vs. COPE printings.

If anyone has seen notes from any of the 2013 $2 print runs which I've got listed as undetermined, please do report the serial numbers and plate positions so that we can get them classified.

Unrelated: I just received in circulation 2003A $2 G20134241A. Does anyone know whether that block was used in one of the BEP's "2013" collector products, or whether it just got into circulation in the regular way?

Also unrelated: Still haven't seen any 2009 $2 "8888" sheets with blocks beyond K..N.

johnny2dollar likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NAVY CHIEF

NAVY CHIEF Active Member

LEPE (Large Examining and Printing Equipment), rather than the COPE (Currency Overprinting and Processing Equipment)

4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Don't look now, but they just posted another new $2 set with non-circulation-issue blocks in it. The description doesn't mention the blocks, but the photo clearly shows 2009 $2 K2016xxxxB and K2016xxxxC.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time they've done a set with matching serials from the same district with different blocks, rather than matching serials from different districts.

The 2009 $2 K..B and K..C blocks have already been used for some of the 8888xxxx sheets, but these 2016xxxx notes are obviously a different printing. Whether that'll increase the gotta-have-it factor in collectors' minds is another question. The BEP appears to think so, given the price of the set...!

5. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Anybody order any of the 2016 Birthday currency? I ordered 5 just to see what serial numbers I get.

6. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

It's a "gotta have it" for me because I just keep buying these things.

Since these are not from a circulation print run. Do you think they will be LEPE notes?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. johnny2dollar

Now that I'm thinking about two different blocks in the Texas set, I'm wondering about something. What is the likelihood that the set may not be limited to only B and C blocks? That and 6500 sets is an unusual number.

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

9. johnny2dollar

I saw that on the site. I wonder if we will be seeing the $2 sheets soon after

10. NAVY CHIEF

NAVY CHIEF Active Member

9488 $2..00 32 subject sheets $2.00 K: Dallas 2013 $102.00.
    32 subject $2 ([K] Dallas Series 2013 proud to present the Series 2013 $2 Uncut Currency Sheets bearing the signatures of Secretary of the Treasury Jacob Lew and Treasurer of the United States Rosie Rios.

11. NAVY CHIEF

NAVY CHIEF Active Member

2/23/2016 10:19 AM 510259 Payment Received $102.00

12. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The $2 sheets are already available--they're still in 32-subject format like all the higher denominations. The $1 sheets have been unavailable for a while because the BEP switched the $1's from 32-subject (Series 2009) to 50-subject (Series 2013). They don't have any printing plates for 32-subject $1's any more, and they weren't ready to sell 50-subject uncut sheets (I guess all the packaging, the tubes and folders and such, had to be redesigned for the larger size?).

When additional denominations are converted to 50-subject printing, the BEP will presumably start selling 50-subject uncut sheets of those denominations as well. Last we heard, the $5 was planned to be next, but that was a while ago and plans might change.

13. DM1

DM1 Active Member

Imagine buying a 50-subject $100 sheet...

14. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

For what it's worth, I got mine in yesterday's mail:

K20162066B - position E2 - plates 10/18
    K20162066C - position E2 - plates 9/11

So that tells us that the K..B and K..C notes were two separate printings, since these two notes are both from the same position. Anyone else who ordered this set, please do post the serial and plate position so that we can try to figure out just what the BEP printed here....

By the way, while I was overpaying for this set, I went ahead and ordered another $2 Lucky Money sheet just to see what serials I got. And lo and behold...

K88880410P - position A2 - plates 11/20

So the K..P block has finally appeared! which was news to me, at least. And it does come from quadrant 2 as expected. This is the fourteenth known block for the Lucky Money sheets, and may be the last one (14 blocks times 1250 sheets per block makes 17500, and the sales limit is 16888), but there's always a chance that K..Q or even K..R will exist if the BEP printed them in quadrants 3 and 4 of the last run.

15. johnny2dollar

I was trying to work out the printing on the this set as well. Mine are 20161260, position D2 plates 9/9 on B and 9/20 on C.

Thanks for the info on the lucky sheets. I'm going to order another one too

16. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I got #20161278 in a beat-up looking folder in an envelope with a rip in it. I'll be calling them ( a first-time experience ).

17. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Got my $2 Lucky Money K-P, 8 subject sheet today...A2 through H2, A12 through H12 and all had BP #18. Hope this is the last one...

18. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

K20161722B D12/11
    K20161722C D12/11
    K20161725B D9/18
    K20161725C D10/20
    K20161726B D10/11
    K20161726C D12/18

19. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

So are those also position D2 like the 20161260 set mentioned above?

20. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Yes, all are position D2.

21. johnny2dollar

Are you thinking 1000 notes per position?

Draft saved Draft deleted