BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Still haven't seen anything past K..N, but I just noticed that the ordinary uncut sheets of $2's in the BEP's online store are now listed as 2013 Dallas, instead of the 2009 Boston that's been on offer for nearly two years now. So we've got *another* new $2 sheet block to look for--probably K..A, but you never know with the sheets.

I wonder whether this will be another massive printing like the 2009 A..A, or the first of many small sheet printings like we saw in the 2003A $2's.... If anybody spots one of these 2013 $2 sheets in the wild, please do let us know the serials and the skip and such!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I also saw that at the Money Store and was going to pull the trigger on a sheet.....but the new 2013 $2 Dallas sheets are only available as 32-note sheets and all I wanted was a 4-note sheet.

johnny2dollar likes this.
  4. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

All of the uncut sheets are Dallas now.

SteveInTampa likes this.
  5. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The 2013 $2 K..A sheets have now turned up on Ebay, and judging by the serial skips, the printing is even *more* massive than the 2009 $2 A..A (skip 60,000 vs. 50,000). That would make the 2013 $2 K..A the second-largest printing of $2 sheets ever, after the 1995 $2 F..B (skip 100,000), and the third-largest sheet printing in any denomination, trailing also the 2009 $1 A..A (skip 70,000).

Meanwhile, back in the 2009 $2 "8888" sheets, I still haven't seen any blocks past K..N. That leaves us at 13 total blocks reported, though at least 14 will be needed to sell out the limit of 16,888 sheets. Has anybody ordered a sheet recently to see what the BEP's currently shipping?

SteveInTampa and johnny2dollar like this.
  6. SteveInTampa

7. johnny2dollar

I swear they time the releases of these things to coincide with the time in ready to sell my whole collection. Always torn.

8. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Got the same email, but I thought this one was a yawner. There's nothing in this set that you can't get in circulation; nobody "needs" this set for a collection.

I'm surprised the $2 Lucky Money sheets haven't sold out by now, but I think that has a lot to do with the way the BEP is selling so many different blocks with no way to tell which one you're getting. They really ought to align their collector products with the ways people actually collect....

johnny2dollar and SteveInTampa like this.
  9. SteveInTampa

I completely understand the sentiments, but after owning the series from the inception, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, how do I NOT buy this set ? After all, it's only $21.95.

10. johnny2dollar

I agree with this. BEP is no where as active with the collector market as the Mint. I wish they had more collector focus. Notes aren't shiney like coins, though. [emoji1]

Dr Kegg likes this.
  11. DM1

DM1 Active Member

Get one anyway, you can sell it along with your other stuff later on ;-)

I'm going on this one, why not? I have the 2012, '13, '14 and '15 sets...collect 'em all!

12. johnny2dollar

Same here. Might as well

13. SteveInTampa

On sale 5 minutes early this time....got my order in at 7:55

14. DM1

DM1 Active Member

8:17 - done.

15. johnny2dollar

Steve, you beat me again. :). In at 7:56

SteveInTampa likes this.
  16. SteveInTampa

This arrived Friday......really impressive.

[​IMG]

Anyone seen any 2009 $2 Lucky Money sheets block K-P yet ?

BunkerTrapMan and johnny2dollar like this.
  17. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Took this picture of the sheet the Mint had on display at the Baltimore Whitman show. Notice the lower right bill nearly all 8s. IMG_9317.JPG

BunkerTrapMan and SteveInTampa like this.
  18. SteveInTampa

Cool sheet.

One of the sheets I bought has serial K88888883J .

19. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Did you get it at the show?

20. johnny2dollar

The BEP website says they aren't shipping the 2016 America's Founding Father's set until April 19, but I got mine today. Anyone else?

21. SteveInTampa

I got home and got a "Sorry We Missed You" postcard from USPS letting me know I can pickup the package tomorrow at the Post Office.

What serial numbers did you get bud ?

Draft saved Draft deleted