BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

According to the BEP page they have shipped all orders up to 12/15. Maybe to will get yours before the end if the year.

If orders keep up at this rate, they could be sold out in January

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

I ordered a 2nd sheet as well and it was delivered today.
    On the bills Little letter and number A2 thru H2
    top left bill going down to bottom left K8881206K, K88882456K, K88883706K, K88884956K
    Top Right Bill top bill going down K88886206K, K88887456, K88888706, K88889956
    Bottom right corner area FW A12 thru FW H12
    Back plate # 18 on all

johnny2dollar likes this.
  4. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

So what are the chances of a sheet having all "8"'s?
    Thanks.

5. johnny2dollar

I would think there is a sheet with all 8's in each block. So, 1 out of every 1250 sheets times 14 blocks. If, there for sure turn out to be 14 blocks.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Received sheet #3 today.
    K88880848K, K88882098K, K88883348K, K88884598K
    K88885848K, K88887098K, K88888348K, K88889598K
    A2 through H2 FP 12 BP 9

Might order one more.

7. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Why doesn't the BEP ever produce commemorative reverse designs for currency like the Mint does with the State and National Park quarters etc.?

8. johnny2dollar

I ordered one more sheet on Dec 24 just to see what block comes.

9. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Okay, so three of y'all have received K..K sheets. I need to update the website with that one.

Has anybody seen suffix G, H, or J yet? They don't seem to have appeared on Ebay, unless my search missed them. But a lot of the Ebay sheets seem to be stock photos now; there are a K..F sheet and a K..I sheet that each appear in several different auctions.

Because coins are recognised by their size, shape, and composition, while paper money is recognised by its design. You can put any design at all on a quarter, and it'll still work in every vending machine and coin counter in the country. But if you change the design of a banknote, all the automated currency-processing equipment has to be reprogrammed to accept the new version. For a limited-edition commemorative, that reprogramming almost certainly wouldn't be worthwhile--so the commemorative notes wouldn't work in vending machines or self-checkouts, would be rejected by banks' currency counters, and would likely even require special handling at the Federal Reserve. In other words, they'd be far more trouble than they'd be worth.

Endeavor likes this.
  10. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Thanks for the reply... Hadn't thought about that... Too bad... I bet they could make some beautiful designs...

11. johnny2dollar

I had not been paying much attention, but, now that you mention it, I do not see any of those blocks on eBay. I would be nice if they were motivated enough to take decent pictures instead of using the stock photo, and to put the serials in the auction listing.

12. SteveInTampa

This almost reminds me of the 1995 $5 Prosperity Sheets. Collecting all of the blocks was easy except for H-F and H-G . Word has it that these blocks were sent primarily to the Asian market.

13. johnny2dollar

I don't doubt something like that has happened here. I'm sure that market is key for a collectible like this.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  14. SteveInTampa

And, it's possible the BEP is bringing some full blocks to Tampa for FUN in January for sale to the general public. They have a booth this year at the coin/currency show.

15. johnny2dollar

Has anyone else received their order? Today I got the sheet I ordered on 12/23. It is "L" block -- quadrant 3, as predicted.

16. SteveInTampa

Ordered my last sheet on December 30th, and it has not arrived yet.

Visited the BEP exhibition at FUN in Tampa last weekend. They brought a bunch of $2 Lucky Money sheets to the show, but would not give out any information as far as what blocks they brought, what blocks have been printed, or what block you would get if I bought one there at the show.......he tells me, "you get what you get, the next one off the top of the pile".....

17. johnny2dollar

My sheet numbers were relatively high. Will be interesting to see if you get the "M" block

18. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Here's a K..M sheet on Ebay already.

And this auction (second photo) *might* have a K..G sheet, but the image is blurry enough that it also might be K..C.

Still haven't seen K..H or K..J at all. But it may not be safe to assume that the BEP is shipping these things in order, either....

19. johnny2dollar

That's a high number "M," too. They are probably shipping "N" now

20. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Strike that.

We've now seen ten different suffix letters: BCDEFHIKLM. Most likely G and J are out there somewhere, and N and P soon will be. Whether the total goes above fourteen depends on spoilage rates; if they're actually issuing close to 10,000 notes per block, then fourteen blocks will be enough to produce the maximum 16,888 sheets.

That Ebay seller is saying that only 9200 notes per block are issued (dunno where he got that number); in that case, we'd need fifteen blocks to max out the sales. And the BEP apparently prints the blocks in groups of four (since four quadrants make a full 32-subject sheet), so we might even get sixteen, depending. So Q and even R sheets are a possibility.

21. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Yay, new blocks!

Boo, they're on premium crap...

Draft saved Draft deleted