BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. DM1

DM1 Active Member

This occurred to me : Since it's 2020, they could have done something like a "2020 $20 $20 set", a pair of $20 notes with matching "2020" serials. I wonder if they thought of that.

johnny2dollar likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

That does sound pretty cool.

DM1 likes this.
  4. cashhound

cashhound Well-Known Member

You mean … like this? Identical Twins 002a.jpg

SteveInTampa, DM1 and johnny2dollar like this.
  5. johnny2dollar

DM1 likes this.
  6. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I'd bet they'd sell a few of them :happy:

Exactly! That post on the matching serial thread is what put the idea in my head, come to think of it...

Hey, anybody from the mint or BEP look at this site? There's an idea for you :)

7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Recent addition. BEP issued 2020 Year of the Rat. I wasn’t actually looking for another Year of the Rat note, but needed a J-A block note and this was my way of accomplishing it. Nicely centered also.

A5CB2190-D318-494A-9761-B64CC949C4A3.jpeg
    88E407AE-BD0A-4FBF-91B8-5BD992EC62F7.jpeg

cashhound and johnny2dollar like this.
  8. johnny2dollar

What does everybody think about seeing any new products for the remainder of 2020?

9. SteveInTampa

10. johnny2dollar

I check the schedule too. I remember reading somewhere that they suspended products due to COVID-19, but I wonder if they will resume at all for his year.

11. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

My focus is on the Intaglio Print Program, but I spoke with the BEP marketing manager a couple days ago and I think all the peripheral collector products are in the same boat right now. The Bureau still has their presses running, but most office staffers are working from home. The top priority is maintaining the country's money supply. Everything else is taking a backseat. He had no timetable on when the intaglio prints would be released. BEP will not attend the summer FUN show in June and probably not the ANA show in August, if either take place. I would not expect any new collector products to show up on the ordering platform until the fall at the earliest.

12. DM1

DM1 Active Member

As I recall from checking the mint schedule before the virus thing started, the only thing scheduled that hadn't been released was the Native American set, and I don't believe there was anything else scheduled for the rest of the year, as far as BEP products.

Maybe I'll look at this as a chance to grab up some of the older BEP releases that I missed, on ebay or wherever. Better than nothing...

johnny2dollar likes this.
  13. johnny2dollar

I see there is an H block $2 Lucky Panda up on ebay. Has anyone seen any other blocks after G block? I think L blocks are out there, too

14. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

I just ordered one a couple of weeks ago and got an H..E block, which wasn't newsworthy. The H..H is new to me -- do you have a link to that? The suffixes I've seen for the 2003A $2 St. Louis premium notes are C, D, E, F, G, L.

15. SteveInTampa

I have C D F G and L ...I actually have 3 D’s if someone needs one.

NOS likes this.
  16. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Yesterday I talked with Kevin Brown again, the BEP marketing manager, and he told me much the same thing that he did back in May. All the focus is on their core mission -- keeping the presses going to supply the cash needed to keep the economy moving. They are being *very* cautious about Covid, taking all precautions and keeping many staffers out of the building. You can imagine the effect if there was an outbreak and the Bureau had to shut down. The same thing is happening at the Mint. Consequently, the Mint/BEP ordering platform has been hamstrung, with many collector items unable to be shipped. Kevin said they can't risk bringing the people into the building who would normally facilitate the shipping, and they can't outsource because they're not able to move the products elsewhere. They also cannot allocate manpower to resupply collector items, so even when things return to normal it's going to take a while for the supply chain to kick in again. If you notice a lot of "currently unavailable" on the Mint ordering site now you know why.

17. SteveInTampa

Just received this from the BEP.
    With this addition, I now have all known blocks.

24908CA1-97CB-4814-8F2A-B6EF058FE8C3.jpeg

gsalexan likes this.
  18. johnny2dollar

Very nice. I'm still missing H & L

Draft saved Draft deleted