BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

We may never find out how many blocks they actually printed.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

johnny2dollar likes this.
  4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

So, nope, the prices weren't lowered to compensate for the fact that we're now paying for shipping. Not that anyone expected that, of course.

But I wonder why the uncut sheets of $5's are gone...?

5. DM1

DM1 Active Member

That figures, I was thinking about getting a $5 Sheet .

6. johnny2dollar

It will be interesting to see if the BEP will continue to send new product announcements or if the Mint will take over the announcements.

7. SteveInTampa

I got an email yesterday from the US Mint touting a 4-Subject sheet of $100 notes paired with a intaglio engraving of President Kennedy.

8. johnny2dollar

That's odd. I get emails from the Mint, but I didn't get that one

9. SteveInTampa

Here’s a screenshot

8118ECAB-F8B5-4697-8387-C19E7B268115.png

10. SteveInTampa

11. johnny2dollar

Anyone hear anything new on the Lucky Panda note blocks or anything else from the BEP?

12. DM1

DM1 Active Member

johnny2dollar likes this.
  13. johnny2dollar

Ordered another $2 Lucky Panda to see what I block I would get. Looks like the F blocks are out now.

14. SteveInTampa

Thanks J2D.

Let us know when it arrives.

15. johnny2dollar

Got it today!

Attached Files:

16. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Ordered another Lucky Panda myself, and got H88884263F, A2/20/27. So from the same strap as yours, but at least it's not consecutive this time. :rolleyes:

The Mint's mailing envelopes aren't quite as stiff as the BEP's were, but my note (and its folder) did still arrive in excellent condition.

Still no sign of any Lucky Pandas in the H..E block, or of any blocks beyond H..F. But if they actually manage to sell 106,888 of the things, we'll eventually have to see additional blocks.

17. johnny2dollar

Not consecutive, but still close considering I ordered mine a couple weeks ago. Slow selling item. If they are selling them consecutively, that's only about 30 a week.

No, they shipping envelopes aren't as nice as the BEP. My note and card, too, arrived in good condition but the shipping envelope looked kind of scrappy. Also, mine was sealed in the white envelope that was previously included along side the note. Looked almost like they pulled it from a retail sale shelf.

I have not seen any E block notes, and I'm wondering if they released any at all for the Panda notes.
    As far as future blocks, I think it's going to be a long time before we get to the end...

18. SteveInTampa

Has the Color of Money currency sets sold out or been discontinued ?

I’ve been unable to find them on the Mint website even though they mention them in their Premium Products introduction.

And still no $5 uncut currency available.

19. DM1

DM1 Active Member

Several items seem to have disappeared when the mint took over. Maybe it's just me, but I liked it better when the BEP had its own website.

johnny2dollar and harrync like this.
  20. johnny2dollar

I kind of prefer the BEP site, as well. We need to give the mint time to get set up for the new product

21. SteveInTampa

My latest Lucky Panda. Low serial and good centering.

Does the Mint use different fulfillment centers depending on the recipients mailing address ? If so, maybe different blocks could be at different fulfillment centers....mine came from Memphis.

66D2B791-7DEF-4653-B9C3-EE07D9C1008B.jpeg

USS656 likes this.
  22. johnny2dollar

Nice low number.

If what you say is true, then tracking down each block is going to be interesting. Mine came from Memphis, too

Draft saved Draft deleted