BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I'm assuming that's what it is. I've never bought any intaglio prints, but from what people who bought them have said, they seem to do pretty nice work with those.

You could wait until somebody else gets a set and see what they have to say before you order one :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

I ordered the WWI 100th Commemorative $2 Collection. I also ordered the intaglio set to have something for comparison.

DM1 and SteveInTampa like this.
  4. johnny2dollar

WWI 100th Commemorative $2 Collection is pretty nice. The Battleship is a stand alone card in it's own holder and larger than the Notes.

Notes:
    B20180234A C3
    F20180234A C3

SteveInTampa likes this.
  5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Battleship is intaglio printed on card stock with the word COPY on the right side.

Notes: series 2013
    B20180393A D3 fwD36 Bp50
    F20180393A D3 fwD38 Bp50

47728917-4DB9-4FCB-B3BB-A56EF767083A.jpeg

USS656, Drawde, DM1 and 1 other person like this.
  6. SteveInTampa

It appears the BEP’s online e-commerce Money Factory Store is moving and merging with the US Mint. Starting October 1st, all BEP online orders will be accessed through the US Mint’s website.

So if you don’t already, get yourself a US Mint account.

Read about it here, https://www.moneyfactory.gov/pressrelease082718.html

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  7. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I wonder if that means they'll start charging for shipping on BEP items. The mint adds shipping charges to everything.

8. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Anyone order any additional Lucky Pandas lately? I still haven't seen any blocks beyond H..C and H..D, but it's hard to believe they're selling *that* slowly....

9. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Strike that...here's an Ebay seller with Lucky Pandas in the H..F block!

The plate position is compatible with its being another printing of 16,000 notes.

Drawde likes this.
  10. johnny2dollar

Looks like I need to order one!

SteveInTampa likes this.
  11. DM1

DM1 Active Member

Make sure you order before Monday, they're not taking any more orders starting then, and also the last chance to buy without paying extra for shipping.

12. johnny2dollar

I wonder if there were any E blocks

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  13. SteveInTampa

The 2003A $2 H-E block is a pretty rare bird.

As far as I know, and maybe @Numbers will correct me if I’m wrong, was only issued for the sold out BEP 8.8.8 Lucky Money Set. So far, only 8,888 have been issued. All of them starting with serial 8888. The set included a $2006 $1, a 2003A $2 and a 2003 $5 all with matching serial numbers. It originally sold for $48.88 and is now only available on the secondary market.

My only example

D8148AE0-4011-4DAD-B20D-15762FA8B3A5.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Drawde likes this.
  14. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Yes, as you said, the H..E only had 8,888 notes issued, in the 8.8.8 set. But originally the H..C only had 4,888 notes issued, in the Double Lucky Money set...and then the leftover H..C notes were recently issued in the Lucky Panda folders. Since seeing that, I've been assuming that the leftover H..E notes would also turn up as Lucky Pandas; but I haven't yet seen one.

By looking at plate positions, we knew all along that the H..C and H..E blocks each had 16,000 notes printed. We just didn't know that the BEP would save the extra notes (for the H..C at least) and issue them in a different product years later.

If the BEP manages to sell the limit of 106,888 Lucky Pandas, and if we keep seeing runs of 16,000 notes per block, then we'll get blocks all the way up to H..J. Presumably all of these blocks were actually printed at the same time, back in 2008-ish.

johnny2dollar likes this.
  15. johnny2dollar

The Lucky Panda note came today: it's another D block.

Now I'm confused as to how F blocks are out there, and if E blocks are out there somewhere.

What I have noticed is these notes have strange origins. While the postmark is Washington DC, the usps tracking history shows it originated in Pennsylvania. The first Lucky Panda note had a tracking history originating some place in California.
    I'm guessing they must be using fulfillment centers. No clue, really.

16. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

I also ordered one more Lucky Panda before the BEP store shut down, and today I also received a D block.

Obviously they're not being issued in strict order, but I'm not sure what exactly is going on. Maybe the F-block notes on Ebay were bought in person at a BEP gift shop? Maybe bulk orders are filled from a different bin than orders for one or two notes? I dunno.

I really wish they'd make it possible to buy the block you want, though, instead of shipping them at random. (I don't suppose we can hope that the Mint webstore will do that?)

17. johnny2dollar

[QUOTE="Numbers, post: 3197911, member: 11668"I really wish they'd make it possible to buy the block you want, though, instead of shipping them at random. (I don't suppose we can hope that the Mint webstore will do that?)[/QUOTE]

I, too, wish they would let you pick the block. Better yet, disclose the blocks and offer a set. Like when you could get the Single Notes as a set.
    Which reminds me, we haven't seen the $2 Single Notes product this year.

18. johnny2dollar

19. SteveInTampa

I got the very next note, H88890320D

20. johnny2dollar

I don't think we'll have to work about these notes selling out anytime soon.

21. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Since I got H88890318D, I'm going to have to agree with you there!

Draft saved Draft deleted