BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I only ordered one....

2311356E-EFDE-4183-8C4A-5345FC5FB516.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

Mine came in today. You're right, these are nice. Big, bifold, holder with nice artwork and embossing. Classy :)

Leonard R. Olijar must be upping the BEP's collectibles game.

H88882746C F1

4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Starting to appear on Ebay now. Still don't see anything besides H..C block.

5. DM1

DM1 Active Member

It finally showed up:
    20180720_143442.jpg

F 20 B31
    That and the 5-note sheet in the same envelope - postage: $3.08

SteveInTampa likes this.
  6. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

What were the serials on the sheet? So far the known 2017 $1 sheet serial range is just F35200001A to F35400000A; does yours expand that at all?

7. DM1

DM1 Active Member

These are F35440536 - 0936A (skip of 100 ) , so yeah, expanded a bit. Front 9, back 5.

SteveInTampa likes this.
  8. johnny2dollar

I decided to order another note from the BEP to see what showed up.

This is what I got: H88881480D C1 2003a

9. johnny2dollar

The serial and the cell line up with the C and E blocks. I'm wondering if they ran a D block back when they ran C & E. Strange.

10. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

:jawdrop:

Well, there's our new printing. But it's a new printing of Series 2003A! o_O I guess it was probably actually printed a decade ago as well? because it's hard to imagine that the BEP still has Series 2003A unserialled sheets lying around....

Let's see here--we can't really judge this printing by one plate position, but *if* it's the same numbering as the H..C and H..E printings (which is consistent with your note coming from position C1), it's another 16,000 notes. The BEP might have as many as 18,224 notes left from the H..C and H..E blocks, so these three blocks combined can produce no more than 34,224 Lucky Pandas.

Could the BEP actually have so many old 2003A blocks on hand that we'll get all the way up to the H..H block pictured on the folder? Were they originally planning to use all of these in some other product? Did they think up the Lucky Panda back then but set the idea aside in favor of the $2's with the "year" serials? :confused:

I have no idea what's going on any more, but I'd better order another note to try to find out! (Whoa...maybe I *am* in the target audience for this product! :p)

:panda: (Also, I just noticed this forum has a Panda smilie....) :panda:

NOS likes this.
  11. johnny2dollar

Attached Files:

DM1 likes this.
  12. DM1

DM1 Active Member

They seem to have an endless supply of 2003 $2 notes.

13. SteveInTampa

Luck Panda (another) arrived yesterday.

H88886913D. F2 fwF21 Bp25

johnny2dollar likes this.
  14. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

All 4 of mine are the H C Block as well. No special numbers to speak of either.

15. DM1

DM1 Active Member

They're going to release a deuce set after all:

"This WWI set features Series 2013 $2 notes from the Federal Reserve Banks of New York and Atlanta with matching serial numbers beginning with 2018 and a commemorative engraved print of the back of the Series 1918 $2 Federal Reserve Bank Note which features the central vignette of the “Battleship – New York.” "

https://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/wwi100thcommemorative2collection.aspx

16. johnny2dollar

This looks interesting

17. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

It seems likely that the WWI set contains B..A and F..A block notes from the circulation printings, rather than notes printed especially for the set. Looks like I'll be skipping that one, but enjoy it if you like. :cool:

Back on the Lucky Panda, I received my second on Wednesday: H88889215D, C3, 22/31. Looks like sales may be fairly slow if we've only seen two blocks so far.

(Also, this one arrived with only $2.66 postage on it. No idea why the different amounts....)

18. johnny2dollar

Seems kind of pricey for a two note set. Unless they significantly upgraded the holder from previous, similar sets. $50 is a lot more than they normally charge for an item set like this.

19. SteveInTampa

Is anyone able to tell from the BEP photo, if the back of the Battleship note is removable, or printed on the folder and not separately removable (like the $2 notes) ? Maybe it’s printed on cardstock or something similar?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  20. DM1

DM1 Active Member

The photo they've posted is so small you can't tell. I'd guess that the 1918 repro is in its own holder like the notes, because in their sample photo you can't see any evidence of holders at all, and we know the actual notes are always in holders.

Yep, the last double set was 39.95 , but this is a "2 1/2 deuce" set....? o_O

I'll probably get one.

21. johnny2dollar

I think you might be right. The 1918 repro in this set could be a nice intaglio print simliar to https://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/worldwari-2018intaglioprintentry.aspx

I guess I'll have to order a set to find out. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted