BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

9ED3AE7B-650C-41E3-A1B9-1C0F5D437F53.jpeg
    I agree Les.....matter of fact, I opted out of this years cards because of this.

My 2018 America’s Founding Fathers Notes. Pleased with the centering.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    techwriter likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Afraid it's going to be standard procedure going forward. There were too many problems with the older souvenir cards showing currency designs--people were cutting the currency bit out of the card and passing it off as some kind of rare BEP proof impression. That's why the past several years' cards haven't used currency designs at all.... The "COPY" isn't pretty, but at least it's a step up from those.

4. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Sad but true: always a few that screw it up for the many.

5. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Unfortunately, they are trying to prevent fraudsters cutting it out and selling as a proof example. ABNC did that on many things, but, later came up with a better solution. On the reverse of their prints they had an explanatory text, printed so that it was directly on the reverse on the note.

6. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

Is BEP ever going to release the $2 Lucky Panda? The product has been up on the site as "Coming soon" for several months.

7. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Has anyone received the second Intaglio Print in the WW1 series? It should be coming very shortly, I believe. I signed up for the series, and am happy with the first print.

8. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I wondered that too. I'm guessing that's going to be their deuce set for this year - maybe with "8888" serials or something like that, but who knows...

9. SteveInTampa

Maybe it’ll be a series 2017. So far, the BEP has printed $1’s and $20’s.

10. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

There are no $2 notes on the FY2018 print order, so it would be very odd if the BEP created Series 2017 $2 printing plates at this point just to print a collector product. They don't know yet when the next order for $2's will occur, or whether the Series 2017 signatures will still be current when it does.

11. johnny2dollar

I thought I read somewhere that the BEP already ran enough $2 notes for several years worth of inventory.

Do you think the Panda notes would come from some of the extra lucky money sheets?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  12. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Other way around. The various $2 collector products are printed using extra sheets that are intaglio-printed during the regular production for circulation. It's likely that the BEP still has some small quantity of partially printed 2013 $2 sheets lying around (backs and faces printed, but no serials or seals), and they'll use those as necessary to produce collector products, uncut sheets or whatever.

If the time comes for the next circulation printing of 2017 $2's, and the BEP hasn't run out of these unserialled 2013 $2 sheets yet, the leftovers will likely get made into a short run of 2013 $2 star notes that'll be used as replacements in that 2017 $2 printing. Then some 2017 $2 sheets without serials will be set aside for use in collector products until the *next* $2 printing comes along.

Harry Brown likes this.
  13. johnny2dollar

All good information. Thank you for clearing that up!

I'm curious to see what collectible comes next. We should see something in May/June. Likely the usual $2 Single Notes and a double/triple deuce set, but would be nice to see something new and creative.

14. johnny2dollar

Six months later.... Still no details or price on Lucky Panda

15. johnny2dollar

2PandaNoteVL.jpg Of course two days after my last comment the BEP would post an update on the Lucky Panda note.

A total of 106,888 notes. @Numbers, any thoughts on which FRBs and blocks?

SteveInTampa likes this.
  16. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Well, the serials only begin with 888 this time, rather than 8888. That allows for 100,000 notes to be printed in a single block. Which makes the 106,888 limit look *very* odd.

I don't even know what to guess. Two different blocks where one is much scarcer than the other? Two different blocks with about 53,000 notes each? Twelve different FRBs with about 9,000 notes each? One new block with 100,000 notes, plus 6,888 more notes left over from printings made for past Lucky Money products?

Eh well, it's only about a month until we can order the notes and start puzzling it out.... :rolleyes:

17. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I blew up the pic, it looks like it's St. Louis, so there might be at least some of those in the mix. ( I think all the "888" and "8888" notes should be St. Louis :). ) Perhaps no double or triple sets this year...?

18. johnny2dollar

I was doing some odd math to try to work it out. The weirdest thing I could come up with was for the BEP to do something like the lucky sheets. Instead of 4 runs of 1250 sheets per run with 4 blocks on each, they could run 1000 sheets with the same setup. This would produce the same results with about the same 16% "waste."

Yeah, so that's how I spent my free time. :shame::wacky:

19. johnny2dollar

If these were all St. Louis, that would be something cool.

I would be surprised if there are no Single Note or double/triple note aets. They always sell out.

20. SteveInTampa

I’m wondering if the “Good ol’ Days “ are behind us at the BEP.

I haven’t seen individual star notes or star sheets, let alone matching numbered stars in over 10 years. They seem to put more effort into the colorful folder then the notes inside them. Oh well, I guess we’ll just have to take what you can get these days.

21. johnny2dollar

Agreed. I would like to see some hard-bound sets with the rigid plastic note holders, 12 distinct sets (like the Single Note sets used to be), or unique sets like the Texas Coin & Currency set.

The BEP has offered products like the Double Lucky Money set that stands out as a truely special product. They could do this again.

Draft saved Draft deleted