BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

America's Founding Fathers 2017 Currency Sets arrived today in the mail.

Series 2013 New York district $1's and $2's with matching serial numbers.

B20171258A and B20171259A

That was fast !

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

Mine too. I'm still trying to learn the LEPE mapping. My note is G1

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Lengthy mathematical details are here if you want them, as well as a downloadable Excel sheet that does the calculations automatically.

These 2013 $2 B..A notes were pulled from the ordinary print runs for circulation, so they have the normal LEPE plate positions. In particular, if your $2 has position G1, then it must be from one of these serial ranges:

20171401-20171500
    20174601-20174700
    20177801-20177900

As for the set itself...personally I'm only interested in the ones that contain notes printed especially for the set, so I'm passing on this one.

johnny2dollar likes this.
  5. johnny2dollar

Had anyone ordered any more $2 8888 Lucky Money Sheets? Can we now say for certain there are no more print blocks?

6. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Haven't ordered one lately, no. I don't expect to see any more blocks past K..R, but I don't think we can ever be certain until the sheets sell out.

7. SteveInTampa

8. johnny2dollar

The packaging is less interesting than years past. I wonder if they are running short on creativity over at the BEP. Still, I'll probably order one set anyway.

9. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Looks like the two 2009 notes are from the same printing as the Texas $2 Step sets, and the one 2013 note is from the circulation printing. There's nothing in the set that's actually a new printing, so I'm out. But I expect it's got a good chance of selling out quickly anyway.

10. SteveInTampa

The Triple Deuce set was released for 2014, and 2015......no set released for 2016. The 2014 Triple Deuce set included a series 2003A note. I wonder if the BEP will use both the K-B and K-C block as they did for the Texas $2 Step 25th Anniversary set.

11. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The zoomable photo in the BEP web store shows those two blocks plus the 2013 K..A. In general we've been able to trust the photos for these things....

12. SteveInTampa

Got fairly lucky (again) and ended up with serial numbers 0003 and 0004.

I already have the same serial numbers for the 2014 Triple Deuce set.

Series 2013 block K-A, and series 2009 blocks K-B and K-C

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  13. johnny2dollar

Those are some good, low numbers. I guess my set will arrive on Monday.

14. Hi Steve -

You might consider yourself lucky, but I believe you are simply getting what you deserve!

Best regards,

Dan

SteveInTampa likes this.
  15. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Let's see here...if the printing worked the way I think it did, the K..B and K..C notes with those serials should both be from plate position A4. The K..A is a circulation issue from a COPE run, so it should be from position E1 (less likely E3). Is that what you're actually seeing?

16. SteveInTampa

Thanks Dan @Currency America ...I've developed a system.

The K-A block notes are E1, and K-B and K-C block notes are both E3.

The notes are not Super Gem, but the centering is getting better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  17. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

E3? Hmmm.... Oh, right. The "2016" notes ended at position D3, and the special printing was numbered in the COPE pattern, not the new LEPE pattern. So after D3 comes E3, not A4. Makes sense. Should've seen that coming. :oops:

It'll be interesting to see whether these "2017" notes turn up in any other collector products, or whether the 3,500 limit of this set ends up being the total quantity issued. The "2016" notes apparently had a printage of 10,000 per block, but only 6,500 were available in the Texas $2 Step set, and no other products containing them ever came along.

18. johnny2dollar

My set finally came. 0010: a nice even number.

19. johnny2dollar

Looks like the 2017 $2 Single Note Collection is coming. Nothing special in the notes as far as I can tell

20. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Yes, the 2013 B, F, and L notes are apparently from the circulation printings. I wonder whether the 2009 K notes will be a mixture of K..B and K..C blocks, or whether only one block will be used....

21. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Decided not to order these; maybe I should have. Oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted