BEP announces new products

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

Has anyone ordered the $2 8888 Lucky Money Sheets lately? I'm wondering if they are still shipping P block or more blocks have surfaced.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

My last Lucky Money $2 Sheet order was July 19th, and I received K-P notes.
    I haven't seen anything higher yet anywhere.

4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Same here--haven't heard any reports of blocks beyond K..P, but haven't personally ordered a sheet since July either.

Likewise, I've seen no Texas $2 Step sets outside the 20161xxx and 20162xxx ranges, and no 2013 $1 notes between K9427..E and K9480..E.

There are 2013 L0444..A $2's on Ebay with LEPE plate positions, though, so we've got confirmation that the L2016..A notes weren't a fluke. This almost surely means that the first 2013 $2 L..* run was a run of 32-subject star sheets for LEPE, meaning that (a) they *will* turn up in circulation and (b) they may be tough to obtain in CU condition since they won't be issued in full straps or even rollover star pairs. On the other hand, the second L..* run is much larger and will apparently come in full straps, so only the run collectors will care about the tough first run.

5. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Update on that: A bunch of Texas $2 Step sets with 20163xxx serials just showed up on Ebay. They have plate position F2, so it's looking increasingly likely that Johnny2dollar's guess of 1000 notes per position was correct. In that case, it's still a mystery what was printed in the first ten positions of the sheets, as serial 20160001 would start off position C2....

6. johnny2dollar

Perhaps a product they choose not to offer?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. SteveInTampa

8. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

BEP, LEPE, H-3, what are these?! I'm new...

9. SteveInTampa

BEP is an acronym for Bureau of Engraving and Printing, the facilities in Washington and Fort Worth that print our paper currency and other Government documents.

You can read about LEPE and plate positions here;http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/lepe.html

Jen04976 likes this.
  10. SteveInTampa

The Year of the Rooster Lucky Money comes out today.

Anyone excited about the new series (2017) being released next year with two new signatures on our paper money ?

johnny2dollar and slackaction1 like this.
  11. SteveInTampa

2017 Year of the Rooster has Sold Out. Took about a month.

Wonder what's next. Any news on $2 Lucky Money sheets, anything newer/higher than K-P block ?

12. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

I don't have any new word on the $2 Lucky Money sheets, no.

The ordinary 2013 $1 uncut sheets have just come out in a new block, though, the C..C. Once again, they've got circulation-issue serial numbers, so we've got a new serial range to try to pin down.

There's an uncut sheet in the C6325..C range on Ebay, but I've seen notes in circulation with serials C3935..C and C7245..C. Has anybody seen any 2013 $1 C..C notes that would help to locate the boundaries of the uncut-sheet serial range?

By the way, the low end of the 2013 $1 K..E sheet range is still somewhere between K9427..E and K9480..E, so if you've seen a note in that gap (either on a sheet or in circulation), that'd help too....

13. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

14. SteveInTampa

Ordered a sheet from the BEP when I read this and received a K-R sheet......

johnny2dollar likes this.
  15. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Cool! I've added the K..R block to the listing on the website. That makes sixteen blocks observed, which means there almost certainly won't be any more. They were printed four blocks to a run, so a multiple of four makes sense; and sixteen blocks could produce 20,000 of the 8-subject sheets, which is presumably enough to allow for the limit of 16,888 sheets to be issued under any reasonable assumptions on spoilage.

By the way, I've also gotten a couple more data points on the K..B and K..C notes in the Texas $2 Step sets, and I'm now sufficiently confident that Johnny2dollar was correct about the 1000-sheet print runs that I've updated the website with that information too.

Would still be nice to improve the bounds on the 2013 $1 uncut sheet serial ranges. Here's what I've got; can anybody pinpoint the cutoffs between the circulation issues and the sheets any more closely?

K 942 75000 E - in circulation
    K 948 00001 E - in an uncut sheet
    K 958 35000 E - in an uncut sheet
    nothing higher seen in circulation

C 624 55000 C - in circulation
    C 632 50001 C - in an uncut sheet
    C 632 65000 C - in an uncut sheet
    C 668 65001 C - in circulation

16. johnny2dollar

I'm going to order another Lucky Money sheet to see what I get. I have been busy with other project, and have not had the time to track down all the blocks I'm missing.

Any guesses for 2017 $2 offerings?

17. johnny2dollar

I received a "R" block sheet, too

SteveInTampa likes this.
  18. johnny2dollar

Any new news on the Lucky Money sheets or other BEP collectibles?

I see the America’s Founding Fathers 2017 Currency Set is out. These seem to sell out every year, but they aren't getting any more creative with the packaging. Anyone have an opinion on this?

SteveInTampa likes this.
  19. SteveInTampa

Today is the rollout, and once again I predict a sellout.

I believe the BEP has an "If it aint't broke don't fix it" mentality concerning the packaging. The Founding Fathers Currency Set has sold out every year because of the hunger for anything commemorative in paper currency. The BEP, unlike the Mint, is limited to offerings like semi fancy serial numbers and sheets.

Placed an order @ 7:58 this morning

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    johnny2dollar and BunkerTrapMan like this.
  20. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

Me too at 1:30 this afternoon. Getting killed with late winter snow storm.
    BTM"W"

johnny2dollar likes this.
  21. johnny2dollar

I placed an order today too. I forget what time, 730-ish, I think.

I am fine with the limited serials, but I would like to see more interesting packages. Maybe a currency and stamp set, or something like the Texas coin and currency set. You know, spice things up a bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted