Bent Coin?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Otis2u, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Otis2u

Otis2u New Member

Hello all, I have the following coin that I would appreciate any and all suggestions, advice and thoughts concerning its condition? Receiving the Good, Bad & Ugly news will be viewed as being most helpful. Thanks to all in advance!
    Sorry for not posting a picture of said coin but honestly I haven’t yet figured out how to post pictures on this site, but I’ll learn!
    Coin in question:
    Liberty Seated Quarter
    1854-O but (HUGE O) mint mark with Arrows
    Regular Strike
    ———————————————————————
    This coin would most likely grade on a conservative scale, EF 40+
    The problem is, this coin is very slightly bent. It still lays flat, both sides, but certainly still has a noticeable bend to it.
    In my opinion, much to nice a coin then to be used as just a “Hole Filler”
    Your thoughts or ideas if I still maybe should have coin graded by PCGS or such?
    I have very little invested in the coin, having purchased it from a private seller with approximately $250.00 FV in other quarters, of which were
    Washington, Barber, Liberty and Seated, all at below the then Silver Melt Value about 8 months back.
    Other then the slight bend the Quarter has no damage whatsoever, as in scratches, nicks, marks or discoloration. I wish there was a safe way to straighten the Quarter back out flat without doing damage to it, but I wouldn’t know how personally?
    Kindest regards!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture of it?

4. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Welcome to CoinTalk! Yup. We need a photo. When you are typing a reply look down below that box beside the post reply button. Upload file. This brings up choices as to where to get your photo from. When you upload it to the thread, make sure you choose full size image. Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted