Being new to this, ebay, and learning lessons, one at a time.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinJockey73, Mar 1, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You made your initial post less then a day ago. It’s unrealistic to expect a seller especially one that’s not a full time dealer to immediately wake up and go right to the post office and make sure they get an acceptance scan. For all you know it was actually dropped off and just hasn’t been scanned yet

MIGuy likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Thank you. These are my 2 very first wins on eBay, so I'm only going by what happened with both sellers. One managed to actually ship me the goods that i paid for the same day i paid. The other took payment, and printed a label. That's all i can see from both transactions, so far.

4. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I'm with Mountain Man, I snipe myself - I wait until 5 seconds are left and have the bid set to go (second stage on eBay) and then place the bid. I wouldn't mind a sniping program I guess, but I don't like the potential for malware, I'd do some research first. Recommendations you get here are probably good ones. I do two types of buying - 1. Whim - "Ohhhh! It's shiny! I like it!!! Me Want It!" so I throw a low ball bid on that, I usually check and see what the lowest prices are in Sold Auctions to come up with a price at the bottom of the range that might win; 2. Wanted - I've been putting together an SLQ (Standing Liberty Quarter) collection with my youngest son (now in college) for a few years, and then upgrading that a bit, so I have become familiar with what they are selling for, and not just on eBay, also on Great Collections, the sale forum here and other places (Greysheet prices for comparison, PCGS pricing on high end stuff), so then I can come in with an offer on "Accepts Offers" auctions, or a decent bid on an auction, or even just buy a coin if the price is fair, that will happen more as you know what prices should be and gain some confidence. Good luck with trying to sell for profit, I buy lots of low grade / junk (found a 1916 SLQ that way as my picture shows) and then move it along, but not usually at much of a profit. Good luck and welcome aboard! Todays mail brought these three... IMG_3986e.JPG

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  5. bagofnickels

bagofnickels New Member

Just wait your mail person will think your insane when they start delivering 4 tiny packages at a time regularly.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  6. bagofnickels

bagofnickels New Member

I've had 2 orders from ebay i regretted bidding on. One was a Franklin with a scratch hid by just the slightest blur in the picture, the other a jefferson nickel that was a good deal but I regretted bidding the second I did. Oh well live and learn. To the original poster as far as shipping give them 2 or 3 days to send it out. I dont get worried until 4 days has gone by. And to me 25 barber quarters sounds like a blast of a Saturday.

(Also just enable the text updates and you'll know when it ships, thats the nice thing about a seller who creates a shipping label first)

MIGuy and CoinJockey73 like this.
  7. CoinJockey73

Little anticlimactic, but these 5 came today, with 20 more to follow tomorrow, yay! Lol
    These seem strictly for the melt.
    20210305_103035.jpg
    20210305_103057.jpg

8. CoinJockey73

9. CoinJockey73

10. CoinJockey73

11. CoinJockey73

Draft saved Draft deleted