Becoming burnt out on coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinHunter96, Jul 7, 2022.

1. CoinHunter96

CoinHunter96 New Member

Haha! I’ll take that as a compliment that you like my coins. Not that I am burnt out but I’d like to do all I can to avoid it because I love coins as much as I do. Perhaps I’ll look into dealing and bringing joy to others too.

spirityoda and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Heck…. If you are 25 years old, take a break and chase girls…… No wait. Forget I said that. You will be too broke to buy anymore coins if you do that!:rolleyes:

dwhiz, spirityoda, Clawcoins and 2 others like this.
  4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Maybe, just maybe if he buys the right coins, the girls will chase him? Naahh . . . Didn’t do that for me.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

One bit of advice I would give you is; "there is always another coin". I understand, when you first see what is possible to own you want to own all of it, you cannot believe this is possible. As you get more used to it, you realize there is unlimited wants and limited cash. Never stress out on a deal you miss, never feel pressured into HAVING to have something. Especially in US coins there are massive numbers out there. In my area of the hobby its possible to go 5 or 10 years without being able to buy one again, but given I would be interested in owning thousands of coin types, I do not get bogged down with that.

spirityoda likes this.
  6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Hey, it happens. And you've got some coins there to die for. Just work on developing that "coin bug" a little better. You've got good taste in coins, that's already very clear. Good luck!

7. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I'm not impressed. :yawn:

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

1 more thing. You do not have to buy the highest grades to be happy. Extra fine/about uncirculated can also make other people happy. Just saying... My coin dealer also told me "you can't buy every coin". There is always someone richer than me that will be able buy the best coins out there.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    medoraman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted