Beck's File#T174 1962D,1998 DDO? And a 1982D No D? Movie.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Mirza Beck, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

I like the 1962D its too big and glittering in the dim light...So I decided to take some pic. The 1998 again glittering with the slight slim doubling. The 1982D No D is a story that just goes on till I finally get one with a D...God Williing.. even the shallow writing on the jacket is the visble as the one online. The slash on the eyebrow (somehow my coin has it too, and the slash on the 9. How can all this markers show up? There is lot of activity under the date area showing somone earsed it at the mint ( my thoughts).Maybe they had trouble with the mint mark (posibble)? God Willing we have a winner.

God Bless,
    Baba Beck.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I AM NOT clicking on the you tube video link. It appears that his only intention is to increase the number of views on his videos. If this is anything like his previous videos, it will be filled with unsubstantiated claims, inaccuracies, and small blurry pictures of his perceived "rarity".

The moderators have previously explained why they don't want to suspend this user, even though it's clear that the OP is not seriously asking for help, nor providing useful information. If he really wants help, he has been asked to provide screen shots, which he refuses to do. IMO, this is self promotion, but I do not enforce the rules.

Please consider NOT clicking on the video link, if you also feel the OP is just engaging in self promotion.

Spark1951 and wxcoin like this.
  4. Oldhoopster

The 1962-D on the cover pic of your video is mechanical (machine) doubling. (I refuse to click on your videos) It is very common and adds no value to the coin.

You can check Wexler's Doubled Die website for an explanation on how dies are made and look under the "Worthless Doubling" tab for a detailed explanation of Mechanical doubling

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Please don't feed the troll.

Spark1951, spirityoda and wxcoin like this.
  6. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I'm not clicking it!

Spark1951 likes this.
  7. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

It's pretty simple, he's allowed to post those videos to his hearts content because doing so is not against the forum rules.

Self-promotion, in the forum rules, is defined as trying to buy, sell or trade something and he's not doing that.

So you guys can report his post all ya want, and all of those reports will be rejected.

9. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Still, a gigantic waste of time. You guys rule the roost, I'll just keep ignoring him...Spark

10. GDJMSP

Spark, probably 50% or more of the posts made on this forum are a waste of time. Including all of the posts that complain about this member's posts.

Don't you guys realize that when you post in his threads and complain about him all you are doing is encouraging him to post even more. If you truly want him to go away the best way to do that is to not even click on and open his threads to begin with. And posting in them and voicing your complaints is arguably the worst thing you could do !

Dewitt williams and Kentucky like this.
  11. Oldhoopster

If you believe he's a troll then your advise makes sense. However, after reading a number of his posts, it doesn't appear as if the OP is a troll trying to stir up trouble.

IMO, it appears that he just wants to build views for his videos. Why? Who knows? But, until such a time when the OP demonstrates that he wants to have a dialog about his possible errors and more importantly, demonstrates that he is making corrections to his videos to update the inaccurate info - which many agree are polluting youtube and causing harm to the hobby - I'll continue to recommend that CT members should consider to OPs possible motivations before adding another view to the video.

BTW: I do agree that it's pointless to continue to report the OPs post. You've made it clear why he's not violating site rules.

12. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I know why.
    Youtube pays cash for videos based on the number of views.
    He's trolling for views.
    More views equals more money in his pocket.

13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

When I see his handle, I just keep moving on. When his posts stop getting ANY feed back, maybe he will move on.

14. GDJMSP

Yeah, why it might be as much as 35 cents - by this time next year.

15. Oldhoopster

It doesn’t matter. Nearly all of us enjoy trying to help others learn about the hobby (and in the process, learn new things ourselves). But I dislike when somebody tries to take advantage of our community. Whether it’s a troll stirring up trouble, somebody trying to cheat members out of money, or duping them into clicking on their video for the primary purpose of increasing the number of views, others should know what they are doing.

I had no idea planman was scamming other members and I may have fallen for it if it wasn’t for other members bringing it the attention of the community. Becks’s stuff isn’t as significant, but when somebody is trying to take advantage of Coin Talk, members should be made aware.

Just my 1864 Two Cent opinion

16. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Not to mention the info in the video isn't wrong in most cases.

17. Buy/Sell/Trade must be in the classified forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2018
  18. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You're going to want to delete your number, sir. If not the mods will do it for you and for your own benefit.

That said, welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
  19. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

It's a good thing Doug is kind enough to share the forum definition of "self-promotion" since it just happens to differ greatly from the accepted...

"Promoting or publicizing oneself or one's activities, especially in a forceful way.

‘a conceited, self-promoting charlatan’"

-Oxford Dictionary

"the act or practice of promoting one's own interests, profile, etc"

-Collins Dictionary

This place can be so confusing at times.... ;)

rickmp likes this.
  20. GDJMSP

Confusing ? It's not of you actually read all of it as opposed to just 2 words.

3 – Self Promotion – self promotion is not permitted on Coin Talk. * See exceptions

A - Offers to buy, sell or trade by individuals and/or dealers are not permitted in any way, shape or form in threads and/or posts. If you wish to make such an offer, contact the other party by Private Message or email.

B - Posting links to personal sales sites is not permitted. A personal sales site may be defined as any web site of a business that you own, or the site of a business that you work for, or are affiliated with in any way, that offers items for sale.

C – Posting contact information such as phone numbers, addresses and email addresses in threads and/or posts for the purpose of making sales or advertising is not permitted.

Paragraphs A, B, and C - are defining what self-promotion is. That is the very purpose of those paragraphs !

21. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Now here's a Beck YouTube video.

Aahhh, the irony. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted