Becker Reproductions, Inc.

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by davidh, Apr 21, 2015.

1. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Hrumph........

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Blech.........

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. maridvnvm

maridvnvm Well-Known Member

Some people actively collect the original Becker fakes and they sell for hundreds of dollars. These Beckers were often the basis for fake aftercasts too.

6. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I did not know they were still in business. Becker was a master die cutter of the 1800's. Rosa was a lesser copyist of the 20th century who produced fake Beckers. I have no idea who is using the name today or if anything from that article is current or even from the last fifty years.

I have the Akragas dekadrachm exactly as shown on the Becker page at $22. I'm away from home now so all I have to show is this image from one of my photo pages. It has copy in the reverse field and Becker on the edge but even with those erased the coin should not fool anyone in the market for a real dekadrachm. People who would be fooled by this copy really need to be buying from a trustworthy dealer. A reasonably decent Akragas dekadrachm would be in the higher six figures and almost never come up for sale. I bought mine on eBay for a lot less than the new Becker price.
    [​IMG]

Bing and paddyman98 like this.
  7. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

8. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

This early example of an Akragas stevex recently sold for slightly less than the sum stated above ...

my coin a.jpg

RaceBannon, Ancientnoob and chrsmat71 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted