Beautiful stocks and bonds

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by gsalexan, Mar 20, 2011.

1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I lost the full scan, but here's the vignette of a Consolidated Edison Company.

Consolidated Edison, Inc., commonly known as Con Edison or Con Ed, is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, with approximately $12 billion in annual revenues as of 2017, and over $48 billion in assets.[2] The company provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customers through its subsidiaries:
    img019.jpg

USS656, old49er, SteveInTampa and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

I also have that Collins certificate, Earl, but I didn't realize it had an aerospace connection. Thanks for the background info!

I just got back from the Chicago ANA show, where I picked up a few nice stocks and bonds. I will post some of them here once I regroup.

wxcoin and hotwheelsearl like this.
  4. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Been awhile, but found this great Vignette by ABNCo. Doing a search of utility stocks. I really like this one. IMG_20200127_140447.jpg IMG_20200127_140419.jpg

gsalexan, wxcoin, midas1 and 2 others like this.
  5. gsalexan

So many mythological figures in that one! Very interesting!

old49er likes this.
  6. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

O&R, my old electricity provider !! I guess they still are, but now they're part of ConEd. :p

old49er likes this.
  7. gsalexan

I haven't picked up much new material lately, but here's a nice one that arrived the other day.

Fibreboard Products cu.jpg
    Fibreboard Products stock.jpg

8. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

This arrived in the mail today. Unfortunately, it was folded into a small mailer. I need to get a larger scanner.

sc_nippeno mining co.jpg sc_nippeno mining coheading cropped1.jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Kasia, Nathan401, petronius and 2 others like this.
  9. gsalexan

Nice territorial! Well, the mine was in Arizona Territory, even if the company was in Los Angeles. I like those Western vignettes.

midas1 likes this.
  10. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Thanks for the background information. The paper and images aren't the best quality. The Indian and the quarter moon/star vignettes wouldn't let leave w/o buying it.

I've got more certificates coming from the same vendor. I'm concerned about the folding of these old certificates.

11. gsalexan

I don't like when they do that either, but unless the paper is brittle it probably doesn't do too much harm. This kind of material was often folded by the original owner. Most bonds were designed to be folded in quarters, vertically.

midas1 likes this.
  12. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

The Nippeno certificate is very fragile because of low quality paper. How do I get the creases out of it?
    I've got some >100y/o certificates that were printed on high quality that feel and look like they were printed yesterday.

13. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

My son is a mining engineer and loves the old mining stock certificates I've given him. We used to live in the Black Hills so Homestake stock certificates are his favorite.

midas1 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  14. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

What are Homestake stock certificates? I've seen several old mining certificates on eBay. Some are very interesting.

15. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I believe he's referring to Homestake Mining Company....long a preeminent mining name for decades in the U.S....rolled up many public and private names....made alot of people alot of $$$ during the 1970's (I believe Howard Ruff and Richard Russell recommended the name in their investment newsletters).

wxcoin and midas1 like this.
  16. gsalexan

Here's one I have from 1924.

Homestake Mining stock.jpg

midas1, wxcoin and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  17. gsalexan

I posted something about this on a different forum several years ago. This might help: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11396108#Comment_11396108 But I will say that cotton fiber paper is more forgiving than wood pulp paper, so your Nippeno might not be the best candidate to try this on.

midas1 likes this.
  18. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

*don't do this* but in some cases, a steam treatment using basically an iron and a very heavy weight can help even out creases

midas1 likes this.
  19. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

20. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Not thinking. I'll pick up some archival paper from an art supply store

gsalexan likes this.
  21. JChicago911

JChicago911 New Member

Hello everyone. I have just discovered this website in a search for collector stock certificates and bank notes. I am interested in purchasing stock certificates or any type of notes printed by the NORTHERN BANK NOTE COMPANY of CHICAGO anytime from the 1930s to 1950s. Please contact me at this email address: PaulTrekkers@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted