Beautiful penny, can you check lincolns ear though?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by BlondeWhit, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BlondeWhit

BlondeWhit Member

So i found this coin while seperating sheild pennies from the rest and this was just so pretty and new i almost through it in with the sheild pennies.
    Later i wanted to just check it out a little closer and while the ear lobe looks completely doubled, i was pretty sure it was not a doubled die coin. I took pictures anyways. Can just the picture (forgot the technical term my bad sorry) be doubled pretty much? I think i may see some ...is it "die deterioration" when you see almost a ghost like doubling a little bit? Not sure how to describe it and im still a bit of a newby. I took just a couple pics of some of the wording though anyways. I have, however, still seriously studied doubled ears and kinda recently a new one was even discovered! so isn't it possible there could be more yet to be discovered? Even the tiny indented lines that connect the ear to the face seem to be doubled it looks like. Any thoughts?
    Also i said this is a beautiful penny but i honestly have not learned much about grading. I know all the basics but not what condition the coin is in for each grade thats given.
    I always love getting advice and help on here. Everyone seems to be very kind and respectful which is the only reason ive felt comfortable enough to share questions ive had so far. So thank you to any thoughts on this as well!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BlondeWhit

BlondeWhit Member

Hope its not overkill lol, but here are the last few other pics i took.

Attached Files:

4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Looks like a regular old ear on a regular new cent with plating issues. But just to be sure, I'll ask @Rick Stachowski

5. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Nice ear..... that look is common on a lot of 1996 D Lincoln cents.

Draft saved Draft deleted