Beautiful 1950 Wheat Penny I just found

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Alwayschooselove1, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Alwayschooselove1

Alwayschooselove1 New Member

The pictures are of a 1950 D Penny. I just found 2 leather grooming bags full of old pennies that were here when we bought the house 8 years ago!!! They were in an old medicine cabinet in out basement. I'm so excited to go through them. This is one I found on top. The colors are awesome and I'm new to this but it's definitely something neat .Think this was an error it just aged beautifully? I am still learning so nice comments only please.

Attached Files:

Clawcoins, Kentucky and TexAg like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

The 1949-D is a nice looking coin.

Alwayschooselove1 likes this.
  4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Nice bonus find!

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Great looking and what a neat way to find coins. You've been there 8 years and you just found them. Time to go through the entire house! Have fun.

6. Alwayschooselove1

Thank you! I am currently going through about $30 worth of the pennies i found today that are all dated 1950's and earlier. Any suggestions on what I should really look out for that may be valuable? I've googled and did research also but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

7. Alwayschooselove1

I know. :) I'm actually kicking myself for not looking sooner. The cabinent I found the coins in is full of medicines still in their packaging that are very vintage and neat :)

8. Alwayschooselove1

Found a 1917!!! :) Oldest one I've ever found in a roll of pennies!!

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted