Be careful

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Limes, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Limes

Limes Well-Known Member

I don't see that many threads like this one, so I am not sure this is appropriate. I am by no means an expert, and i am interested in the opinion of members of this forum. I saw this coin being offered:
    fakeornot_2.jpg
    I believe this is a match with this coin, found on face ancient coin reports. What do you guys think?
    And why the warning? Because I saw some intense pre-bidding going on. Be careful!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Not the good coin on your link
    You can't take the link in the toolbar, but rather, you have to display the "file informations" by clicking on the "i" on the left of the file number bar above the image, and then, below the image, to copy/paste the url of the picture you want to show

A bit complicated but it's how it works

Q

4. Limes

Limes Well-Known Member

I think its ok now, thank you @Cucumbor!

5. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

You're welcome

Looks like you might be right on your assumption, same coins all around

Q

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  6. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

You will notice the same flan flaws at around 4:00 on the obverse, making this a slam-dunk condemnation. It this case, you warning is not only appropriate but appreciated. Thank you for pointing this out.

You should also notify the seller. If they are reputable, they will pull the coin from the auction. If they do not pull the coin, then naming the dealer here is also appropriate so that people know not to bid.

7. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

The coin was withdrawn from sale by Savoca.

Sulla80 and Orielensis like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted