Bcuda's top 8 coins of 2109

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by bcuda, Dec 21, 2019.

1. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

Thanks @Curtisimo I would not have a Carthago Nova If it wasn't for my Brother in law asking me if I had a Scipio Africanus in my collection. I knew right away after reading about Him that I had to have one in my collection.

Curtisimo likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

4. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

@Alegandron
    Seems as if we have pretty much the same interests. I love the Iberian coinage , it reminds me of all the coins I would find when I was in Spain. The Iberian coins will always have a special place in my heart for sure.

Alegandron likes this.
  5. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

Thank you all for your comments on the coins @zumbly @spirityoda @ominus1 .
    I don't get to show very many people my coins cause the just don't have any interest . So sorry but you guys are my ancient coin support group !

ominus1 likes this.
  6. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

rrdenarius likes this.
  7. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

I agree, most of my ancient coin friends are online and there are some great ones.
    I belong to 3 coin clubs in the Houston, TX area. We have show and tell & you can guess what I show: RR silver, Aes (Grave & rude) and Roman scale weights. Most are polite, but few are interested in cast bronze shapes (rude).

bcuda likes this.
  8. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

Really fascinating and rare coins. Congrats..

bcuda likes this.
  9. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

@rrdenarius I am down close to Corpus Christi about 3 hours from you. I have some roman scale weights I found metal detecting , but no where near as nice as what you have. You can have them if you ever get down this way.

rrdenarius likes this.
  10. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

#1 and #2 are a great pair @bcuda , neato to have a Roman and Punic Spanish coin with such cool historical figures on them!

I'd love the have all the rest of them is well! Nice to see an edge photo in a best of the year list...I love a sweet thick coin!

11. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

bcuda, You did well this year :D! My favorite is the Caligula as followed by the Julian II / Bull. The Caligula as must have a nice warm feeling in the hand ;). Despite some roughness on the surface, the Julian II / Bull is well struck from artistic dies :).

Draft saved Draft deleted