SOLD BCD Greek-coin catalogs

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Valentinian, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

SOLD
    BCD sold off his collection of Greek coins region by region. The catalogs have superseded the previous reference works, both for scholarship and for completeness, including their extensive photographic coverage. I have two BCD catalogs for sale:

BCD! NAC 55 (2010, Oct. 8) "The BCD Collection, Lokris - Phokis" Hardcover. Superb reference work, written by BCD himself, with very extensive commentary and extremely thorough coverage of this narrow area of Greek coinage. The definitive work. 475 lots, many with multiple coins. Many lots have the finest known of the silver type, or are some copper rarity, or have something else special to recommend them. BCD was as complete with respect to copper as he was with respect to silver. Magnificent, not for end-to-end highly valuable coins (although some are), but for its value as a scholarly reference work. [$45 SOLD]
    Greek Lokris and Phokis (475)

Munzen & Medaillen 23 (2007, Oct. 18) "Sammlung BCD, Akarnanien and Aetolien" 591 lots, most AE, of an extremely important collection which includes many low-grade and AE rarities of scholarly importance in addition to the finest AR. This is as near to complete as a modern collection could be. A major reference for the regions. [$55 SOLD]
    Greek Akarania (Acarania) and Aetolia (591) [General collectors of Greek AR and Greek AE may not need such a detailed reference, but it is essential for AR and AE of the region. Written by Dr. Hans Voertli with some notes by BCD.]

I was unable to find M&M 23 available anywhere else and it might be worth much more, but that's all I'm asking. I did find one copy of NAC 55 elsewhere, but for $80 reduced to $54.

Shipping, $3.50 in the US only, for one or both.

Check out my ancient-coin literature sites for other references:
    http://augustuscoins.com/numislit.html
    and my ancient-coin sale site:
    http://augustuscoins.com/index.html

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Ed Snible and Theodosius like this.