Battleship $2

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Andres2, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

the Battleship at the back of the $2 1914 Large Size banknote, often described as the New York battleship 1914 BB34, but actually its the Texas 1914 BB35 ship.(see pic)
    The New York is at the bottum of the sea near Hawaii , after used as a sitting duck for
    shooting practices. The Texas survived and is now in a harbour near Houston.
    I bought a Dallas Texas $2 note which I feel is appropriate .

Show us your battleships !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Very cool, and thanks for the explanation.

Alas, I have no battleships. I "scuttled" mine before my divorce.;);)

Chris

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Use to have a couple of those as well, there really cool :)

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Definitely an iconic note referred to by it's breathtaking back vignette. One of my favorite deuces only surpassed by a Lazy Deuce, and the 1896 Educational Series two dollar bill.

Hope to have a mid-grade example with nice eye appeal and original paper one day.

Thanks for the background on this note @Andres2 .

6. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

I never knew these existed but then again I don't know a whole lot about paper currency but I am in to collecting naval related items, my grandfather was in the navy and collected naval related items and when he passed he left it all to me so therefore I've added to his collection. Thanks for sharing this beautiful note im going to see if I can afford these and if so add them to my collection.

7. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

The Battleship is part of my collection worldnotes I especially like,
    there are 30 notes in that album.
    My favorite postcard of the Texas battleship, a birdsview taken from a bridge.
    (Samuel Levinson Publisher SF Cal.)
    [​IMG]
    @StevelnTampa I sold my educational serie 2 years ago , had them for a long time,
    now that serie 1896 of BEP cards is hanging on the wall of my office, never owned
    a Lazy Deuce.
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted