Bats

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by zeldon2, Jun 27, 2020.

1. zeldon2

zeldon2 Member

Yesterday, received 10 rolls of 2020 Quarters, American Samoa, no W's.
    Today, 6 rolls of Weir Quarters. Hoping for better luck. Any advise on finding W Quarters would be helpful or is just luck? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Pure luck even if you're going through tons looking.

spirityoda likes this.
  4. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

I go to the bank quite often to get rolls of coins to look through. I live in CT and have never found even 1 "W" quarter. I happened to look at quarter mintage figures yesterday and saw something like 2 million "W" quarters of each issue compared to 150 to 190 million of the P and D issues. The good thing is that the ebay prices of W quarters have dropped enough from the original $25 and up to more reasonable $9 to $12 prices, which I bought some at.

5. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Weir Farms rolls are either going to be Pure Weir Farms without W's or Pure Weir Farms with Weir Farm W's .....
    but also it is the Weir Farms rolls that will contain the Samoa W's. In my experience, the Samoa W's will be in Weir Farms rolls that can contain other quarters (eagle Backs) also. But I have never gotten a roll that contained Both style W's.
    I have well over 80 Weir Farms's W quarters and all were found mostly in 1 box of quarters, with several rolls containing multiple W quarters....s subsequent Box contained all P mint marks in 50 rolls. Seems the W's were dumped all at once and concentrated in certain boxes.
    Have also had several rolls with a Weir Farms on one end and an obvious circulated quarter on the other. Those rolls contained the Samoa (bat W's).

furryfrog02 likes this.
  6. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

It is definitely luck. I have found one W-mint quarter- a 2019 San Antonio Missions quarter. I found it out of a sampling of only $3 in quarters that I bought from a change machine at a car wash in a rural area of Utah in April.

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

So sayeth the 2020-W God.

8. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

ROFL!

9. Pete Gabriele

Pete Gabriele Member

Check eBay sellers locations. It "could" be an indicator of where the coins are being found.

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just pure luck to find them

11. zeldon2

zeldon2 Member

12. Reaghan

Reaghan Member

I found 2 yesterday. A Guam and Idaho. I am new here, can someone help me post a picture please. Thanks

13. Collecting Nut

Try UPLOAD A FILE button, it's to the right of POST REPLY. Use full size photos, cropped of course.

Reaghan likes this.
  14. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Reaghan likes this.
  15. Reaghan

Reaghan Member

2019 W Idaho and 2019 W Guam.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  16. Collecting Nut

There's your first like. I see you did it, posted them I mean. It's best to start a new thread so go to forums and click on coin chat. There's a button to click on that says post new thread. Enter a title, say what you want and scroll down to add photos. New threads are best as you'll get more responses and it prevents the hijacking of another thread. Glad you posted these but start a new thread and post both sizes. :) Welcome to the madness. LOL

17. Reaghan

Reaghan Member

Thanks for the help and advice. I will delete this and start one now.

18. Collecting Nut

You can't delete so don't be concerned about it.

19. Reaghan

Reaghan Member

Oh my goodness, I'll learn the ropes sooner or later lol

Mike Davis likes this.
  20. Collecting Nut

Just trying to help you. :)

Reaghan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted