Barber Dimes/Half and FB Merc candidates? from My Father's Collection

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by rosethe, Jul 20, 2020.

1. rosethe

rosethe Junior Member

Sorry for flooding this forum, but I think I am almost ready to go to a coin shop. And I appreciate ALL the feedback from these threads, it's been SO helpful. Thx
    1898-SBarberObv.jpg 1898-SBarberRev.jpg 1907-DBarberObv.jpg 1907-DBarberRev.jpg 1905Barber50CentObv.jpg 1905Barber50CentRev.jpg 1940-DMercFB_OBV.jpg
    1940-DMercFB_Rev.jpg 1943MercFB_Obv.jpg 1943MercFB_Rev.jpg

alurid and TheFinn like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

The Merc dimes are just worth their silver value. The Barber dimes are better, but you might only get $5 each for them. The Barber half is a nice XF, but it has some pvc on it. Wet a Q-tip with acetone and ROLL it over it, using a clean Q-tip several times. DO NOT RUB IT! It is worth $25+.

rosethe likes this.
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The FB designation is only for the horizontal middle band.

rosethe likes this.
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Nice coins. The Mercury's I don't believe would qualify for FB designations.

rosethe likes this.
  6. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

These are nice coins. Don't worry about flooding the forum, posting things is its main purpose! As was previously said, you should be careful not to rub the coin with a Q-tip, or else hairlines may appear and make the coin "cleaned." There does appear to be some PVC on the back of the 1905 Barber half dollar. Some other members might know how to remove it.

Draft saved Draft deleted