Banknotes with '666' in the serial number.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Aidan Work, Jun 12, 2006.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You have $28.00 of cash that you can put to better use!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jnefores1

Jnefores1 New Member

Now I have a 1 dollar bill with 666 at the end of the serial number and the fed reserve district number is 6... Any value there? Thanks - newbie

4. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I don't feel that there is any added value, 3 6's are quite common once you start paying attention.

5. silverbullion

silverbullion Active Member

There are definitely folks that will pay a premium for 666.

6. paddyman98

I just needed to repeat my old post #53 :banghead:

:stop: This is and old thread, interesting and silly at the same time.. I studied Theology and the truth is that 666 is incorrect, It was actually 616. You are looking for the wrong number! :arghh: ... I want to share this with you.
    Quote "The recent 616 discovery, which was found in a collection of documents recovered in Egypt, isn’t exactly a whole new revelation. While it dates back the furthest, other ancient manuscripts of the Book of Revelation have the number as 616 instead of 666, provoking some debate in the past as to which were the original digits. Both Greek and Hebrew letters have numeric values that can be added up to arrive at a total. One common explanation of 666 is that it comes from the numerical value of “Nero” transliterated into Hebrew letters. A small change in the transliteration can result in 616.
    Many scholars believe that 666 won out because it is derived from a more complex formula and also because it’s simply more catchy. “Six hundred sixty-six looks like a more memorable number than 616,” said David Parker, a New Testament professor at the University of Birmingham in England. “Six hundred sixty-six steadily took over, and the alternative was forgotten until modern scholars in the past 200 years started to look at more manuscripts and to find ones that had been lost.”
    - unquote

silverbullion likes this.
  7. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Found these today while looking through some of the bills I've saved...

[​IMG]

silverbullion and paddyman98 like this.
  8. silverbullion

silverbullion Active Member

The truth is that it is indeterminable which number was the original due to the preponderance of both numbers in ancient manuscripts, although 666 is the most likely. Both 666 and 616 point to Nero, the one in Hebrew (and Koine Greek) and the other in Latin. It help to identify him as the Beast mentioned in Revelation.

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Found this one today..."667" - The Neighbor of the Beast"...

[​IMG]

silverbullion and paddyman98 like this.
  10. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

Got two today.. Not valuable serials but keepers for me!

Attached Files:

11. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Haha didn't know there was a thread for this.

I used to keep them but I ended up spending them all because - why keep?

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Hey if 666 is the number of the beast what is 667.....?....? The neighbor of the beast.....buh dum bum :hilarious: :happy:

paddyman98 likes this.
  13. hotwheelsearl

here's one you probably wont see every day.
    666.JPG

Michael K likes this.
  14. Makanudo

Makanudo Well-Known Member

Unleashing the gates...

gate.jpg

Michael K and hotwheelsearl like this.
  15. hotwheelsearl

16. Holly Sawdy

Holly Sawdy New Member

I got a $5 bill know the numbers are MF 205 11666 B bid on go on Facebook look up Cheyenne Westmoreland Holly Westmoreland did to us picture of the money be there

17. paddyman98

WHAT? o_O

18. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

A 5 dollar bill with the serial # MF20511666B. Worth at least $5. :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  19. 2011steeny

2011steeny Member

They are quite common, along with so many other 3 matching digit numbers in the note's serial numbers.

paddyman98 likes this.
  20. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I looked in my wallet after reading this thread. Did not expect anything usually but I got curious. There was no usual notes in at all. But get this ......

I had exactly $666 dollar in there - 4 $100s, 4 $50s, 3 $20s, a $5 and a $1. I had taken the $100s and $50s out of the safe yesterday when I realized I was getting low on cash.

21. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

You really are the Devil's Advocate aren't you?;)

Draft saved Draft deleted