Banknotes with '666' in the serial number.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Aidan Work, Jun 12, 2006.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

Hit the ATM and just received a US Series 2006 $20 note, SN: IE 66619896 D.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

Got change this morning, received a Series 2006 $1 with SN: E 51199919 H (Richmond, Va. FRN)

4. strauchfx

strauchfx Member

Found one today at work

C08766666

5. krispy

krispy krispy

6. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

The mere presence of "666" has no significance whatsoever, and all the hoopla surrounding it comes from pure ignorance. The idea of 666 being evil comes from the Bible, in the book of Revelations. Revelations was written by John, and it contains what God revealed to him about the end of the world. According to John, during the 7 years leading up to the end (known by modern Chrisitans as the "Tribulation," although John didn't use that term in the text) Satan will enable one man to rule the entire world (aka "The beast"). Half-way through the Tribulation period he will possess the world ruler, thus literally becoming Satan on earth. This is in direct contrast to Jesus, who was the embodiment of God on earth.

Satan / The Beast / world ruler will then require all inhabitants of the earth to worship him, and pronounce their loyalty to him by wearing his mark on their hand or forehead. His mark will be the number 666, hence the term, "Mark of the Beast."

So, unless the number 666 is accompanied by a world ruler demaning that we wear it on our hand or forehead, it's just a number with no significance whatsoever.

Martha Lynn likes this.
  7. double-eagle

double-eagle Junior Member

I like that Mac

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Got a Series 2006 $1 Cleveland FRN today, and it...is...beat...to...all...hell!!! Plus it's a Where's George note, hand written in red ink, SN: D 88872533 A

9. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I don't collect bills in the collectors sense, but I remembered seeing this thread. I buy ones on a weekly basis for the till and this one was on the top of a band of 25...

Attached Files:

10. k obrien

k obrien New Member

Yes, I do, 1 dollar E 03301666 A

11. k obrien

k obrien New Member

Yes, I do, 1 dollar E 03301666 A

12. k obrien

k obrien New Member

I have a dollar with E 03301666 A

13. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

My very first note that got me into collecting US Paper Money was a:

2004-A $20 FRN with S/N GF00066600* in gem uncirculated condition, thanks to a local ATM.

I put it up on eBay, and got more than $100 for it.

I don't have any photos of it anymore, and I've tried multiple times to reach the buyer to get a photo, but no luck. :-(

14. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

:stop: This is and old thread, interesting and silly at the same time.. I studied Theology and the truth is that 666 is incorrect, It was actually 616. You are looking for the wrong number! :arghh: ... I want to share this with you.
    Quote "The recent 616 discovery, which was found in a collection of documents recovered in Egypt, isn’t exactly a whole new revelation. While it dates back the furthest, other ancient manuscripts of the Book of Revelation have the number as 616 instead of 666, provoking some debate in the past as to which were the original digits. Both Greek and Hebrew letters have numeric values that can be added up to arrive at a total. One common explanation of 666 is that it comes from the numerical value of “Nero” transliterated into Hebrew letters. A small change in the transliteration can result in 616.
    Many scholars believe that 666 won out because it is derived from a more complex formula and also because it’s simply more catchy. “Six hundred sixty-six looks like a more memorable number than 616,” said David Parker, a New Testament professor at the University of Birmingham in England. “Six hundred sixty-six steadily took over, and the alternative was forgotten until modern scholars in the past 200 years started to look at more manuscripts and to find ones that had been lost.”
    - unquote

15. paddyman98

Funny thing - this post will be my 666th at this very moment! :wideyed:
    666.JPG

16. jonny oneal

jonny oneal Member

I have found radar notes, etc, and have several 666 serila numbers. Question is, does that increase worth of the bill? also, given the oriental predilection for 888, are notes with these numbers more valuable? the one i like best is the u.s. mint's millenium coin and currency set. the serial number of my $2 bill celebrating the beginning of 2000 is AB20002000. I thought that was pretty slick. thanks.

17. silverbullion

silverbullion Active Member

The Beast mentioned in Revelations was Nero Caesar or the "Beast of Rome". E.g. when the name Nero Caesar is written in Hebrew the Hebrew letters possess the numerical value of 666.

At the time of Nero, there was a common poem that was posted throughout Rome on city walls as graffiti. Suetonius relates this poem to us:

Count the numerical values
    Of the letters in Nero's name,
    And in 'murdered his own mother':
    You will find their sum is the same.
    The Greek numerical representation of the Greek Nero and of the Greek murdered his own mother both equal 1005. Such numerical games were common in the ancient world, as there were no digits to represent numbers, but the letters served both purposes. On the walls of Pompeii, Deissmann found the scribbling "I love her whose number is 545". So there was no mystery in counting the letters of Nero's name as a number, but the mystery lie only in doing so in the Hebrew numerical representation.

18. paddyman98

And today I received my 666th like! :wideyed:
    666likes.JPG

silverbullion likes this.
  19. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

How about a note with 666 twice?
    [​IMG]

Rugerpit and USS656 like this.
  20. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I have several! Dollar, 2 dollar, 5, and 20 dollars. I think I spend the 20 dollar one though, no use in keeping something that isn't worth anything, right?

21. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Here are my devil notes! Turns out I didn't spend the $20 after all.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted