Bank teller code of ethics?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Delmer, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Delmer

Delmer New Member

On the subject of the bank being a business.. I myself always have understood that. I make sure they KNOW that my request is just that.. and I always go in at 230pm or Saturday when NO ONE is in there. They LIKE it when I take the cirrculated customer-wrapped rolls (maybe because all the disgusting coins are in there) but some of the time the rolls are already SEARCHED! :(

In the second incident with the rude head teller, this was the absolute first request for ordering boxes I had ever made there. Losing me as a customer isn't going to hurt them.. but up until that request (never filled) they NEVER lost money regarding my banking business. I didn't even complain when my "free" safe deposit box turned into NOT FREE with a later policy shift.

I once heard a story of the guy who paid his taxes entirely in coins.. just for spite. The story was told by my civics teacher (hired for his soccer-coaching ability and nothing more) and the end of the story was that the government no longer has to accept an all-coin payment. I wonder if, in the world where tellers can say NO to requests for rolls, they can say NO to an all-coin DEPOSIT. The Coinstar machines are in lobbys I've noticed.. and theres now a NOTE taped to the BANK OWNED coin sorter, that there will soon be a 3% surcharge for using the coin machine. I wonder if they'll pay me 2% to take them directly from the machine in bags haha.

Now, last.. the notion that they can do whatever they want up until they hand you the coins.. Yes, as I said in the beginning.. it seems perfectly within their rights as a business.. and even if they search my box of 500 halves before giving it to me.. whatever... just don't do it in front of me, or say you're going to order them and then change your mind and chastize me in front of the employees and customers.. or I'll move my mortgage and it's thousands in yearly interest somewhere else. Simple. They could be DIRECTED to be rude to collectors.. that's fine too. Mission accomplished. I might HOPE that the teller wasn't really that much of a sourpuss in real life.. that would be just sad. It's not my fault she got pregnant at 13 and dropped out of school. I'm just glad to be one of the people who have not turned totally to online banking so she can keep her job that requires counting to 1000 using 100 and 50.

pff.. that was mean. maybe we're even now. :p

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tdm

tdm New Member

sorry for the confusion but if you go back to post #6 then read post 10 read the quote in post #47 then you will be up to speed. in post #6 i stated a hypothetical question that is where the box of halves came from.

4. tdm

tdm New Member

The bank and the teller is pretty much one in the same. The teller is a representative of the bank and therefore has certain authority to act on behalf of the business.

and as a representative of the bank that teller is responsable for conducting them selves in a highly ethical manner that conforms with established code of ethics that all professional businesses adhere to. tacking advantage of a customer is not cositent with any decent code of ethics. and i Apologize to the person who started this thread for commandeering it, that is unethical of me :eek:

5. Jhonn

Jhonn Team Awesome

Aw, I use Facebook all the time. Unfair jab!

Draft saved Draft deleted