Bank Finds: 2 57 Silver cert, 1 a Star

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by bobbeth87, Dec 16, 2011.

1. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Picked both of these up from the bank today for face :D

Both are quite crisp with a little sign of circulation. How much is the star note worth (not that I'm selling mind you, I'm keepin) out of curiousity. I'm guessing 5 - 8 bucks....am I in the ballpark?

Regardless....A nice find today (also got a silver Roosie from the same bank) :)

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Noobismatist

Noobismatist Junior Member

Sweet finds Bob! those look real crisp and clean!

4. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

$9 on the non star and $15 on the star note in 63. Red book to US paper Money 2nd. ed. Excellent finds!

5. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

6. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Yes....I'm really surprised at the condition of these two beauts!

7. Raoul duke

Raoul duke Member

Wow, where have those been hiding all these years!! Great find, I'm jealous :)

8. VACookey

VACookey New Member

jealous jealous jealous

9. ronterry

ronterry New Member

Nice...
    I agree with the prices above, however on eBay I've seen non stars go for $8-$10 Unc, and have seen stars fetch as much as $25 in bidding wars!
    On a few occasions I've scored non stars in lots of ten for less than $5 each in Unc. It just depends when and where.

10. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

nice very nice..

11. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Very nice finds and I, too, am very jealous.

12. 3.calib

3.calib New Member

hey guys! i just got my first star note, its a $50 note 2009 series, JG 00381172*
    G7

anyone know what this would be worth? its in MINT condition.. looks to be never even folded??? i cant imagine but it looks great...

thanks!

13. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

It's from a large run of stars, 3.2 million, so not worth too much over face at this time. It could increase in value in the future, so best to hold onto it ifyou can afford to do so. Also, condition is a factor in modern-era star notes, so if it's below XF, then let it go if you can't afford to keep it.

Draft saved Draft deleted