Baltimore Whitman Show Friday

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kanga, Mar 20, 2018.

1. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Getting ready for another nor'easter.
    Won't be as bad here as it will be up NYC (and north) way.
    As long as everything is cleared up by Friday I'll be okay.

First on the shopping list will be a trio of pricey early commems:
    -- Hawaii
    -- Hudson
    -- Old Spanish Trail
    And I will be looking for AU through MS-63; higher grades are more than I want for what to me is a secondary set.
    If I can't find any of those I'm not sure what else would interest me.

Peter T Davis, Dynoking and Jaelus like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Good luck. I will be going up on Saturday. Taking my son for the first time. He is really looking forward to it. I am trying to decide on another gold coin to add to my hoard :)

Dynoking likes this.
  4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

If you're into such things, be sure to pick up your 2019 Red Book. It'll hit the shelves there.

Dynoking likes this.
  5. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

I'll be there on Friday as well.

So something I do with some of the guys in my Hungarian Coin Club since we attend Whitman but our collections generally don't overlap much. We have general want lists for the other members and we text each other if we spot some material at a table that another member might be interested in.

Perhaps we could organize something like that for CT - very doable, especially if there's only a few of us attending.

Dynoking and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I've got a 2018 and it's 5-10 years between replacements.
    I refer to it quite often but the info I'm looking for will pretty much remain constant so I don't need a new one very often.

7. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I may go Saturday.

8. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

My free admission pass is staring at me as I type this. Sad to say an important doctors appointment has me sidelined for this one. Hopefully I'll be well enough to attend the Phillie show this summer...

9. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I have the 5th edition Professional Edition. I love it. It's 5 years old. Would like to buy a newer version, but I'm not sure they make this one anymore.

10. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

Be sure to check the scratch and dent table before you purchase. This past fall I picked up volume two of the latest cherry pickers guide at a substantial discount.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

They have announced that the 2019 Red Book will have "many more variety attribution pictures" than the 2018. This may be a year to pull the trigger.

Draft saved Draft deleted